Thursday, August 31, 2006

No kindergarten this year

This year, because my daughter turns 5 in the Fall, I thought she'd be entering kindergarten. But, alas, that's not to be. Because she won't be five as of 19 minutes from now, as I type this, she has to wait until next year.

Meanwhile, I'm told to enroll her into preschool.

Ouch. I feel like my daughter is being held back a year in school. That's pretty much what it is!

Two preschools were suggested to me. One of them has a program set up for her to attend at $93 a week.

Now here is my question: WHY do they charge to have a child in preschool? It's NOT a private school. It's just, a preschool.

It doesn't make sense.

NONE of this makes sense.

At least there is Head Start. If I can't work something out with this school, looks like she'll be attending Head Start instead.

I'm still NOT happy that the preschool charges for attendance. That just shouldn't happen. I want my child to attend an elementary school, not college. Well, at least they're not asking for the ... "college rate."

No comments: