Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I can't win!

So for this new "enterprise" thing that's going on with me and someone (someone I KNOW but won't reveal the name), I have to have a picture of myself on the Web site. I tried to fix one my daughter took (using PhotoShop to clear it up a little) but I couldn't clear it up ENOUGH and so another photo was asked for. So when I had a free moment, I grabbed the digi cam and shot another one. Up until then, I debated asking someone next door to take the shot for me, but, eh, didn't want to bother them. So I took it.

And I thought it was a DECENT picture. Really, I did.

This was the feedback I got: "You look p----- off."

ARGH!!!!

Actually, that's a common reaction I get to SOME pictures of myself I have shown online.

But...I TRIED to smile for this one. I really did. I smiled a LITTLE bit. Or so I thought.

Good "smiling" pictures of me were taken by my daughter. Like the one on my dmcwriter site and my default pic on my MySpace. THOSE pictures have me smiling. A little. LOL But I'm trying to get something RECENT. Those pics are from May and my hair has grown a little since then. (FINALLY, it is starting to grow back!)

But so far we have a "strike 2" on the photo for this site. I will try AGAIN but I just MAY seek out someone to take the pic for me. (Oh, Nicoooole.) I COULD ask my daughter to try again, if she can get one that isn't all blurry or whatever. That would make me smile, because I'm smiling for her. Or I could....smile for someone I could PRETEND that is there. *chuckle* I don't know. It's not like I'm smiling 24/7. I DO smile sometimes...but not all the time. Hm, maybe I can try remembering that one time my sister scared me so bad one night and her boyfriend fell down the front steps laughing so hard. Hahaha. Or, something like that.

Oh, and he wants me to dress up for this pic, too. Get all professional-like. Yuck.

No comments: