Tuesday, August 01, 2006

From palms to pines

One thing society has going for it is that, despite the novelty of blogs, we've all gotten a little "blog crazy." I'm beginning to think I myself am getting "blog crazy," too. This is my fourth blog.

I have a journal on deviantART, a "blog" on my MySpace profile, another BlogSpot blog, and now this.

Why exactly have I created this blog?

Simple. I assign certain "topics" to my different blogs. The one on DA was getting too personal-focused, and I didn't want that on there anymore. I wanted to create a blog elsewhere that I could just talk about ANYTHING dealing with life in general. The DA journal will be put to other uses, keep it more DA-related.

So that's why I've created this blog.

Now for the name: "Palms to pines" symbolizes my life transition. I used to live in the California desert, where we had palm trees EVERYWHERE. I moved to the Pacific Northwest (Oregon) over a year ago, where we have pine trees EVERYWHERE. In the desert, they had this shopping center called "Palms to Pines." And that has stuck with me since my move, because I have LITERALLY gone "from palms to pines." So long palm trees, hello pine trees.

And what a lot of pine trees!! In some parts of Eugene, you can drive down a street, smelling the pine trees. And there's this HUGE forest of pine trees surrounding the city. I'm talking HUGE! You can see it from certain parts of the city, and it is just breathtaking.

This blog will be a "grab bag" of topics relating to life -- parenting, divorce, society, news items I come across, books I read, etc. -- but nothing about writing. That goes into my other Blogspot blog. But unlike the other blog, I'll be posting here more often. Every day, if I can. I have just too much stuff to blog about, but.... well, not enough blogs to put it all in. :)

No comments: