Saturday, August 26, 2006

I will not freak

The other day, something happened that sort of...freaked me out. I'm not going to give specifics nor will I go into who I told about this and what they said I should do. Let me JUST say it was something completely out of the ordinary and something that had my guard up just a little bit more.

But I DID freak when it happened. This has NEVER happened to me before. And the person I told it to (who I have known, and worked with, for years) freaked, as well. She suggested I call the police. On the other hand, someone else I told thought that maybe there was a good intention behind it.

I mulled over what to do. It kills me that I don't know who did this, but that's okay. Sometimes, we just DON'T get answers to things that happen to us in life. I thought about..."closing up shop." Never, ever doing ANYTHING online for a loooong time. But was that really the kind of reaction I was prepared to follow through with? Was that the way I would react to something like this?

No.

I won't let it faze me. I won't let it scare me, although at first it did! But I refuse to live in fear. And I'm not going to live in fear. I have already convinced myself that, because of what I do, there will be crazy things like this happening. I really don't think it's because of what I do. I have no idea why it happened. But, I'm not going to be afraid.

"I will not freak." This has become my mantra. No matter what happens. I won't "run away and hide." I won't wave a white flag or stop writing the stuff I write.

Everything is going to stay the same. I'll just live like I always have, and not let something like this knock me down.

1 comment:

Lexa Roséan said...

Wow I'm really wondering what happened? A friend of mine once found some nasty stuff written about me on a neo-nazi website, but I'm always inspired by Irshad Manji. She posts the hate mail and death threats made against her on her website. Check it out!