Saturday, September 27, 2008

The weirdos are coming!

Recently, I asked a friend in an e-mail, "What are your plans for Halloween?" Later, I started to kick myself upon realizing that I was asking her about Halloween -- and it wasn't even October yet! But it seems that there are people out there who think so. And maybe even think that since Halloween is on its way, it's all right to dress up and wear all this dark and Goth-like make-up.

Lately, when I have ran errands, I've seen quite a few people dressed up all Goth or like a character out of a Highlander movie, wandering the streets or hanging out at the stores. I've also seen them malling. Instead of hanging out at Hot Topic like these people normally do, they've taken to the streets.

I don't really mind seeing people all dressed up like this -- some of their get-ups are pretty creative and interesting -- but, I mean, COME ON! I think they really SHOULD dress normal if they're going grocery shopping or hanging out at the mall. Once, I was even tempted to walk up to a girl who had her hair all dyed and white and black make-up splattered all over her face and say, "Um, it's not Halloween yet."

It IS fun to dress up and maybe even weird people out with different kinds of costume and make-up ideas, but it just seems to be out of place if they're not at some costume party, or something. But, then again, maybe this is like people who dress all in black all the time or go around wearing bling-bling. Maybe it's just a "clothes thing" and not so much an "attitude" or "lifestyle" thing. It's still kinda weird seeing people all dressed up like this at, say, the local grocery store or bank.

Then again, maybe ALL of the "Halloween craze" the stores are doing is starting to rub off on these people.

As for us, we're not going crazy over costumes yet (although we DO know what we each want to be), but I'm definitely itching to start decorating for Halloween. Something more in that area is my idea of fun!

No comments: