Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11, each in our own way

I sat at the desk today, thinking about the many ways people are remembering those lost 7 years ago.

Today IS a very important day for America. However, I was not able to travel out to the sites to honor those lost. I don't have an American flag to fly at half-mast today. And I don't have a 9/11 videotape or CD to play. But...I DO have a T-shirt about 9/11, and I wore it. I did have a prayer to say for those lost and the families of the victims, and I said it. I had a candle to light in their memory, and I lit it. These are not glamorous ways of remembering 9/11, but they are still gestures that can still be so significant.

I think everyone has their own way of remembering those lost on September 11, 2001. And, by all means, they should do those things. Even if it's just observing a moment of silence to remember them.

We will never, ever forget the tragedy visited upon this country on that day. But, most importantly, we will never forget about those who perished. They are still loved, still missed, and still cherished.

No comments: