Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Pictures from today

The other day, I came across a news story about an image of the Virgin Mary being on some grill. I studied that picture good and hard but failed to see any resemblance to the Virgin Mary there. I shook my head and shrugged it off as being something that people will see what they want to see.

It reminded me of an item I saw on eBay a looong time ago. Something about a grilled cheese with the Virgin Mary on it.

Well, here ya go, folks. It's not the Virgin Mary, but actually a Scottie I saw in a piece of quesadilla my son threw onto the floor:



Isn't he such a cutie snookums? I think we should name him. Let's call him Hogarth.

I have wanted to start wearing contact lenses for some time. Partly because I'm so tired of "looking out of windows" so much every day. I don't wear my glasses every single minute of the day. Sometimes I take them off to rub my eyes, when I'm taking a shower, if I have to go out in the rain outside, when I go to sleep, etc., but I do wear them most of the time. I hate wearing them, though. I wish I could wear contacts. My husband says my life is too busy for contacts. And my sister-in-law told me her son used to wear them, but they kept popping out all the time and it was a big hassle. Sigh. We REALLY need to come up with something better! I don't think surgery could fix my vision.

Anyway, part of the reason why I hate wearing the glasses is because the big thick...thingy on the left-side band catches my hair and sometimes yanks off a strand when I take the glasses off. Yes, sometimes that does hurt! I swear, I'm going to go bald if I keep wearing these glasses! This is the part that I mean, the thick part, right at the very edge:


Maybe new glasses would put a stop to that. Still wish contacts were possible, though.

On Sunday, Jennifer bought this toy at Fred Meyer. It's a toy piece of cheese with plastic mice to go inside it. She went nuts over it at first. Then she decided to get creative with it:


I wonder if she gave their boat a name. It's bad luck to have a boat without a name!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I planned to make tacos for dinner. Jennifer hates tacos so I made her and her brother quesadillas instead. Well, when I took the chub of hamburger out of the fridge, I was dismayed to see that most of it was frozen solid:


It may not look frozen but, believe me, it was rock solid. I set it out to thaw, keeping a close eye on the time it was sitting out. When I was able to cut it up, I cut the portion for dinner, wrapped it up and put it back into the fridge. Then I wrapped up the other cut portions then put them into the freezer.

My refrigerator is always doing that. It freezes so much of the stuff put on the higher shelves. Sometimes I'll happen to notice the dial turned all the way up to 9, and Jennifer SWEARS she didn't touch it. (When she was younger, she had a bad habit of playing with the temperature dial in the fridge.) I'm beginning to think that maybe somebody just hits it by accident when rummaging around in the fridge. I don't think the dial would be turning itself up all by itself...?

It's a real headache to live with, though. And it seems that no matter where I put the eggs, they still get frozen, too! I hope we can get a new fridge soon, so that everything inside of it would not turn to ice or get super-cold.

Still, Jesse sure enjoyed eating frozen applesauce one day.

Today, when I took the trash out, I noticed mushrooms in the front yard. First I took pictures of the 'shrooms then flowers growing in front of my house.

Here are the flowers:




And here are the mushrooms:




It rained A LOT today. It's like the rain was on and off all day. I was not able to take a picture of the rain, though.

No comments: