Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am a Seven of Clubs!

One of my sisters recently did a reading for me, using Destiny Cards. I stressed to her that I don't believe in that stuff. Astrology, crystals, Tarot, etc. I'm not into New Age stuff (used to be, but not anymore). Just the paranormal stuff. (Haha, OF COURSE!) And I also don't believe in destiny or fate. I believe we create our own destiny. You know? We create our own futures. (Gee, that really leaves a lot to wonder about the reasons behind why I do things I don't want to do at this point in time. Hmm.)

Anyway, so, I told her to "go for it" and "might be fun." I agreed to the reading purely for entertainment value, nothing more. Here is what she came up with:

The Seven of Clubs Person

Seven of Clubs often have an enlightened mind that is capable of some amazing feats. At the same time, they can be critical and negative minded to the extent that it is no fun to be around them. One of their challenges in life is to transform their negative thinking into inspiration. They like money, and especially like to spend it. Money represents recognition and power to them, both things that they desire in a big way.

The Seven of Clubs will want to 'shine' somehow in their work. A pat on the back is an important motivator for them. But beyond this, they will likely be drawn to roles where they can be in front of others, such as teaching or giving presentations. They can be very entertaining and enlightening in such roles.


This is one of the power cards and they usually want to get their way. There is always the possibility that they can move to the dark side of their card, which is dishonesty and wanting to get their way regardless of the means. This is not the norm, but should be watched for. Sometimes there will be power struggles with superiors or co-workers. And the dishonesty factor can show up in a variety of ways. They are gifted actors in a sense so they could fool others if they wanted to.


They usually will not be fulfilled until they are doing something that allows them a lot of recognition and reward. They want to 'shine' and be seen.


Some of the Seven of Clubs Issues Concerning Relationships
The Seven of Clubs person gets along with others well in any situation. Only when a power struggle arises are there any problems. But this is relatively rare.

And here is my interpretation of that:

"They can be critical and negative minded to the extent that it is no fun to be around them."

Actually, this used to be true. I used to be a HUGE drama queen and be negative a lot of times. These days, I know better. I know all that worry and anxiety and drama is just all in my head. And that if you keep feeding that drama and negativity, it will only keep growing and growing. I read an article the other day in which a psychologist suggested that if you REALLY NEED TO vent or cry or get into that whole "woe is me" act, do it for only 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, STOP and move on. (That's a pretty good idea, actually. It's not healthy to bottle stuff up.) On the other hand, I am grateful to some of my friends who looked past that drama act and offered advice and suggestions. Which was what I REALLY needed. And, later, my sister was able to do that, too. Just look past the drama and offer advice. THAT is the best way to act when someone is having a "pity me party." Not calling them a drama queen. (Yeesh.)


"One of their challenges in life is to transform their negative thinking into inspiration."

Oh, yes. DEFINITELY true of me. I have recently decided NOT to be negative anymore. Instead, I embrace positivity. One of my concerns was that people would look at this attitude and say things like, "You know, life isn't always so flowery." Or, "In real life, people don't smile all of the time." But, you know what? I am not going to agree with that crowd anymore. I have realized that those critical, negative people are trapped in their negative thinking. They think reality is too harsh for any room to be positive. I don't think so. Yes, reality is harsh. Yes, the world is painful. And people can be cruel. But I have decided that, as far as my thinking goes, as far as my emotional world goes, as far as my own personal space goes, I'm not going to add to that harshness. The world has enough negativity. I don't want that negativity in my mind or in my home. So instead of letting the negativity fester, I work with it to turn it into something else. Instead of going "woe is me, I can't afford to go back to college," I'm looking into what programs and payment plans there are so that I can finish school and get a degree. (That's just one of my goals.)

"They like money, and especially like to spend it. Money represents recognition and power to them, both things that they desire in a big way."

Ah, yes. Here's another truism about me. But I like to EARN my money, not mooch off of other people. It's just that if I don't earn any money, either from my monthly income or from writing, I don't feel very good about myself. I feel like I AM mooching off of other people (that "people" being my husband. He likes to be the breadwinner and earn more money than me, but I like earning money, too, because I feel like I am making a contribution if I do). I do like to shop, that is true. (AAH! BOOKS!!! LOL STARBUCKS! MOVIES!!) And I do like earning money from my writing. I don't know if this sounds bad to say or not, but I like being a paid writer. (And as it is, I start my new shift next week, which means I'll be earning MORE!) Even if I wasn't paid to write, I'd still write. (The OTHER things I'm not paid to write, right??) But I am paid for my writing and that's a great feeling. More like a sense that I'm good at what I do than anything else.

"The Seven of Clubs will want to 'shine' somehow in their work."

True! And it's always nice to get a good review of my work. :)

"They will likely be drawn to roles where they can be in front of others, such as teaching or giving presentations."

Wow. I've actually wanted to be a teacher for a long time. When my sister was little, we played "school" a lot and I was the teacher. I also briefly homeschooled my daughter. And I really think that all parents play a teaching role in their children's lives, somehow.

"This is one of the power cards and they usually want to get their way. There is always the possibility that they can move to the dark side of their card, which is dishonesty and wanting to get their way regardless of the means. This is not the norm, but should be watched for."

I had to laugh when I read this. I was all, "Oooh, beware the dark side, Luke!" Haha. But, seriously, this reminded me of how I USED to be. I USED to lie to get my way or to avoid a confrontation. (Well, what do you expect?? I was raised in a family where people lied all the time! Haha, I should call my memoir Lies My Family Told Me. LOL) But I am not like that anymore. I went through a very painful experience after I got caught up in being dishonest. I regret that to this day but I know I am not like that anymore. I changed my life to be more religion-focused and won't be dishonest or lie anymore. No matter what the cost, honesty is the way to go. And, yes, that temptation to lie WILL crop up. But I remember that experience and how much pain it put me through and I don't give in to that temptation.

"They are gifted actors in a sense so they could fool others if they wanted to."

Hey, I'm a writer! It's easy for me to get into a character's head, 'cause that's what I DO! But this is pretty much reserved for when I do actor imitations. I'll never know if I get the voices right, but I do them, anyway. Allllll righty, then!

"They usually will not be fulfilled until they are doing something that allows them a lot of recognition and reward. They want to 'shine' and be seen."

Yep. Already got that with the writing. Woot!! (But I have YET to write ALL of the stuff I want to write in this lifetime. Heck, if I die tomorrow, there's STILL more stuff I'll want to be writing! Maybe I'll pull a Hemingway and come back as a ghost writer.) (Ghost writer! OMG!!)

"Only when a power struggle arises are there any problems."

Ah, yeah. I really think this touches on the financial aspect of my marriage. See, it's true. Hubby DOES like to earn more than me. And I have always had this underlying fear or anxiety of landing a huge book deal or getting paid thousands for an article, because then that'll be more than what my husband earns. It feels like some kind of a trap! Maybe on a subconscious level, I don't try hard enough to earn those millions other authors earn, because it will cause a financial imbalance in my marriage. I truly feel that this what caused our problems the first time we were married. I made more than him, and he resented that. Now it's the opposite situation. He has in Oregon what I had in California. So maybe that is something for me to look into further.

Well, anyway. Interesting stuff to read. It's given me a lot to think about! Turned out to be something more than just a "fun diversion" than I thought it would be.

This is the site my sister got this info from: Destiny Cards

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! I beleive like you, that we make our own destiny.

What kind of "shift" are you doing? I've never understood what kind of writing you do that you get paid for (is it those articles you do?)
Anyway, I didnt actually read your whole blog becaus Isabel is bugging me, but I read half...will be back later, LOL

Dawn Wilson said...

LOL No problem.

Yeah, it's the articles. I would like to earn more each month doing that (right now, if I stick to my schedule, I bring in $100 a month), but in order to do that, I need to change my schedule. In other words, create a new "shift" that I devote to working on them, so that I can at least double that income. Hopefully, it'll work. It takes me 1 hour to do each article, so I'm hoping I can change that to two hours or more to write up 2 or more each day.

Millie said...

"Lies My Family Told Me" ! lol That's a good one, can I co write it with you? haha Anyway I thought the "Ghost Writer" thing was funny too. I really like how you have changed. I like that you've become more spiritual, I find we talk better these days. I think it's great you create that happy energy in your home for your family, and THAT is better than ANY money. :)

If you REALLY like the destiny cards, you could always get a yearly reading and it will tell you things to look out for or forward to. It's fun to do if you want.

Dawn Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn Wilson said...

While I agree that a positive environment is much better money, my drive to earn more income isn't fueled by greed or an idea that this will create a happy home. It's more about getting back what was taken from me (the thousands of dollars that was supposed to be for medical use that went to somebody's gambling addiction and spending spree on houses and cars instead) and having a "security nest" to fall back on for emergencies. As it is, we have NO savings. I have no money put aside for the kids' college education. And we would like to own a house. Jen and I would like to have more animals, even horses. That would cost a bit. These reasons are why I am working so hard to meet certain financial goals. I would also like to do more charity work and be able to financially assist community efforts to help the homeless and abused children. It's not about greed.

Anyway, yeah, that would be a fun book to co-write. Haha. :)

I like the changes I have made in my life, too. It's still a work in progress.

Thanks for doing the reading. It was fun. As to anything else, I think I'll pass. :)