Friday, May 15, 2009

Biopsy results

In a previous post, I noted how I had a couple of bad test results and that my doctor ordered a biopsy to see if I had cancer. Because of my mother's long-term battle with cancer (and kudos to my mom for making it so far! WOOT!!), they thought that maybe that's what I might have.

So this week I had the biopsy done and they said that they'll let me know the results today.

And the results?? GOOD NEWS!! Whatever it is that caused the bad test result, it is NOT CANCER.

That's right: I DO NOT HAVE CANCER!!! WOO-HOOO!!!! I am cancer-free, baby!!!!!!!!


This is SUCH a huge relief. It's just an enormous weight off of my shoulders!

I said to a friend that even before I know the test results, I'm going to THINK POSITIVE! I am going to visualize my body free of cancer, and that's what I did! In addition to a lot of praying. And planning a "NO CANCER" party this weekend!

That party's still on! YAY!!!!

And I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers and who took the time to send out their vibes. Thank you soooo much. Your friendship, love and support really helped me to keep it together while I went through this health scare. All of those prayers, good thoughts and vibes helped make this good news happen. THANK YOU!!!!!

5 comments:

Millie said...

Yay!! I am happy for you. Thanks for letting us all know.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Dawn. Wonderful news.

Dawn Wilson said...

Thank you so much, ladies. :) Your support and advice on handling negative situations like this have been really helpful!

Anonymous said...

Yay Dawn!! I'm so happy for you!!
Now, you can breathe easy!

Dawn Wilson said...

Thank you, Nancy. :) Your words of encouragement have helped calm many fears and anxieties. You're a super friend! And, yes, I'm definitely breathing a lot easier now. :)