Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not trying to brag and a retraction

First off, I want it to be clear that I wasn't making such a big deal about my book contract in that last blog post just to rub it in anyone's face or "brag" about this opportunity. I'm not trying to brag. I am only trying to let everyone know that if I disappear for a while, it's because I'm busy WORKING. Truth is, I'm nervous about my deadline being only 8 months away. So I REALLY have to devote as much time as I can to this book.

Second, I must retract a statement I made in that last blog post. I can't exactly "swear off" blogging while I work on the book. As it is, Read an E-book Week is coming up, and I have a blogging thing planned for it. So I'll be blogging during that time. If there's anything I want to be promoting, it's something that encourages people to READ!

So I WILL be blogging, just not as often. And I WILL try to catch up on everybody else's blogs, too. Just not as often.

Just please know that when I talk about accomplishments I have made with my writing career, I'm not trying to show anybody up. I am genuinely thrilled when I accomplish something with my writing, and I want to share it. I've been at this thing for literally YEARS (I think I got started when I was around 19 or so), so it's not like I've achieved things overnight. I'm proud of how far I have come as a writer, but it's taken me a very long time to get to where I am now.

I only hope that when I celebrate an accomplishment, the people who actually care will celebrate with me. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you SHOULD be proud of your complishments! I didnt find your last post to be braggy at all, and I agree about having to limit blogging. Its such an addiction for me!!!

Dawn Wilson said...

Oh, yeah. It definitely can be. I REALLY do need to limit it, but I feel bad because part of doing the blog thing is commenting on other blogs (that's what I mean when I say "the blog thing") And I don't want people to feel unloved if I don't comment on their blogs very often. It's a vicious cycle.

And thanks for understanding. I wasn't trying to be braggy and I'm glad it didn't look that way.