Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here but not here

I shouldn't be here. No, really. I shouldn't be blogging at all. Or...reading blogs. Commenting on blogs.

But, darn it. It's a hard habit to break!

So what's the deal on why I shouldn't be blogging?

Quite simply, I have A LOAD of work on my hands. Time I spend on the computer must now be devoted to research, networking and story-gathering because....I HAVE A NEW BOOK DEAL! Woot! Woot!

It started out as an idea I had for an article. But as I researched that idea, I thought, 'Wow, there sure is a lot of stuff on this topic.' I often chat with one of my editors, and during this time, she mentioned she was on the hunt for a ghost book to fill a slot for next year. After some thought, I decided to pitch her my idea and she liked it. Not only did she like it, though, but she wants to turn this one book into a series.

A SERIES!!!!!

Now just try to picture me madly running around the house, screaming my head off in excitement. Woo-hoo! I am FINALLY doing a series! It's not my fiction series, but, hey! It's still a series! And that's a good thing! That means...more books! Yay! I just hope this will launch me into an opportunity to get my fiction series to an agent. (I think that THIS kinda thing will definitely look good on a proposal or query letter.)

Anyway, that's what I've got on my plate now. I'm also writing articles, but I fell behind when the kids got sick, and I've been trying like crazy to get caught up on that.

So, yeah, I'm going to be pretty busy and a little...preoccupied for a while there.

Still, I'm logging in at MySpace often. But ONLY because I'm networking with people who will be in these books. Finding interviewees. Learning about more groups out there. (The books will contain stories from paranormal investigators, on when they've investigated different sites in some of America's most haunted cities.) I am also using the Ghost Hunters networking site, but still getting used to that. (It's like a MySpace for paranormal enthusiasts!)

And finally....I am trying something out. I got an idea to try sharing one poem a day on deviantART. I hadn't been active on there for a LOOOONG time but got into the whole poetry thing again, so I just logged in and started reading a bunch of poems. I also started posting poems on there again, and my goal is to try posting a poem on there every day. Just, any old poem I get an idea for, really. I've let so many ideas for poems escape me. Now I'm GRABBING those ideas for poems and WRITING them! It's more of an experiment to see if I am able to practice writing a poem a day than anything else. I used to write pages of poems every day, but then I stopped. For some reason. I also stopped sharing them. And I was concerned about this. I didn't like being poetry-less. I wanted to bring poetry back into my world. I wanted it to be ALIVE within me again. It used to be so easy to write a poem. Then it got to be hard. I just...closed myself up. Censored everything. Denied everything. But, no longer. Now I will write whatever idea for a poem that strikes me! I started this with the poem Remembering Numbers. Even if the poem sucks, I still post it. LOL :)

So that's what's been going on with me. I'm just busy as heck! So between the writing, the kids, and the house, hard to find time for much else. But I'll make time for some things, when possible.

If you see me commenting on your blog, though, feel free to yell at me. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you, I am also trying not to blog so much but its hard because I love to gab. Ha ha This IS my social outlet. Still its like I tell my kids, first work, then social stuff. I should also abide by that right? I really wish I could get myself on a blog schedule, like only read and comment on Fridays! I think I have to force this on myself or I may never finish anything I start writing.

I'm so happy for your book deal! And now a series!!! Woo hoo!!
No one deserves this more than you!!!

:-D

Dawn Wilson said...

Thank you SO MUCH!! :) I am very excited about it and I'm confident it will be a launching pad to get my fiction series out there (since it IS a paranormal series. Actually, paranormal mystery for kids). And, actually, I am thinking of doing the blogging thing on just one day a week. Some people do that. It's a thought, anyway.