Wednesday, February 18, 2009

8 Things

Here are the Rules:

1)Post rules on your blog

2)Answer the six "8" items

3)Let each person you tag know by leaving them a comment


8 Favorite TV Shows:


1. E.R.

2. Law & Order

3. Law & Order: SVU

4. How Clean Is Your House? (I obsess over this show. I take notes as I watch it. LOL)

5. Nanny 911

6. Supernanny

7. Wife Swap

8. History's Mysteries



8 Things I did Yesterday:


1. Spent HOURS working on the Trimming the Fat manuscript. It started innocently enough: I wanted to fix up the sample chapters. Then I just went whole hog with it.

2. Helped Jennifer with her homework. (After missing a lot of school, she came home with a lot of homework!)

3. Returned books to library.

4. FINALLY saw the movie, The Dark Knight. It was pretty good. Heath Ledger was awesome as the Joker, though I didn't get that whole lip-licking thing he kept doing (it was kind of gross). I was disappointed by the ending, though. I have to wonder: Who makes the better Joker, Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger?

5. Saw a GRUESOME movie clip on a website. I'd never seen the movie and was curious about it. WHY couldn't they put a warning on there saying the guy was going to get cheese-sliced and it was going to show his intestines and everything as he falls to pieces on the floor?? EWW!!!

6. Tried to call my sister Elizabeth but of course nobody answered the phone.

7. Instructed Jennifer's school and her teacher to text me IMMEDIATELY if she has an adverse reaction to her new antibiotics or if there's any emergency. (I was REALLY worried about her. She had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics the doctor prescribed for her pneumonia and we just started her on a new kind yesterday. So far, all is going well.)

8. Did the whole "should I get a job and put the baby in child care or continue being a stay-at-home mom?" debate again. I'm too paranoid with child care, but I feel bad that I'm not working and contributing to society as I know I should. Well, there's always volunteer work! Part of the reason why I'm such a sucker for charitable causes. At least I am giving back something!


8 Things I'm Looking Forward:


1. MY BOOK GETTING PUBLISHED! MY BOOK GETTING PUBLISHED!! (In August! Woo-hoo!)

2. Wrapping up this newest book.

3. Working with someone on her book project.

4. Finding an agent/publisher for Trimming the Fat or Shadow of Samhain. Whichever comes first!!! (Hm, Trimming the Fat is starting to sound like a diet book instead of a book about revisions. Maybe I should change the title...again.)

5. Getting a professional author site set up.

6. Being able to buy some Starbucks again.

7. Teaching the children advanced sign language.

8. Losing weight!


8 Favorite Restaurants ( in no particular order)


1. Jung's Mongolian Grill

2. Applebees

3. The Mission (THE best Mexican food I have ever tasted!)

4. Ring of Fire

5. Sweet Life

6. Golden Orient

7. The Olive Garden

8. Sweet Basil


8 Things on My Wish List:

1. A literary agent

2. A home that we OWN.

3. Winning the lottery

4. Perfect credit (sigh)

5. All my family members ACTUALLY communicating with me (that counts my nephews, parents and in-laws!)

6. More REAL LIFE friends, but the kind who I can actually see at least twice a month. Still, I am grateful for the real life friends that i DO have! I also love and appreciate my online friends. They rock!

7. Lifetime gym membership.

8. College fund for my kids that will pay for their ENTIRE college education.



8 People I Tag:

I tag none.

6 comments:

Jeralee said...

I totally forgot about Sweet Basil! That IS good food. I hear you about the homework. Charlise missed three days last week, So we have three days worth, plus today's and her teacher has her correct any math papers she got incorrect at school. It takes FOREVER when you have a child with learning disabilities. We are going to have to spread it out some over the next few days.

I didn't like "The Dark Knight " so much. Although it was a lot darker than the Jack Nicholsan character. Funny, I didn't notice the lip licking thing, but then again, you are very adept at reading lips, so that would probably be one of the first things that you would notice!

I like SuperNanny also, although I haven't seen it in quite sometime.

Interesting! I learned some new things about you.

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks, Jeralee. I hope that's not a bad thing! LOL

Good luck in getting caught up with the homework. I had to keep telling Jennifer she didn't have to do ALL of it in one day. Just go at her own pace. Though she TRIED to do it all in one day.

I think Tim Burton's version of Batman was better. Besides, what's not to love about the Joker's famous line: "Where does he get those wonderful toys?" Dark Knight was good but it had a lot of violence and it was disturbing. I think there's a lot of push for it to win an Oscar for Best Picture this weekend on account of Heath Ledger (RIP).

Jeralee said...

Yes, it was a lot more violent and disturbing.

Ah Tim Burton! Did you like his version of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?"

Anonymous said...

Great list! I'll have to do this on my blog tonight.

You're right, Trimming the Fat DOES sound like a diet cook book, or an exercise book!
Heres me ideas:

Self Editing - trimming manuscripts down to size.

Editing for fun and profit (ha ha just kidding with this one)

Writers Sandwich - putting less between the bread makes it better
(ha ha am I too ridiculous now?)

Be your own Editor

Writers Editing Partner

Edit - a guide to trimming the fat from your writing.

Less is More - self editing for writers

Say the Most with the Least Amount of Words - editing your work before submissions.

Ok thats all my ideas, LOL

I havent seen that Heath Ledger movie, precisely becuase of the lip licking thing I saw that in the trailer once and I thought, eew, he's creepy!

Dawn Wilson said...

Jeralee: I didn't really care for that version. The original is definitely my favorite. It has better songs (lyrics) and better actors/actresses. :D

Nancy: That's hilarious! LOL Thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually thinking of something like "Make Your Writing Shine! A Guide for the Revising Writer." In my research, I learned there are some writers who dread making revisions to their work, mainly because they think they will "ruin" it. So I want to come up with a title that will assure specifically THESE WRITERS that making revisions is not all bad. Something that will assure them that, while their writing is good, doing the revisions will make their writing GREAT. See what I mean?

I will read your list soon. I'm so far behind in getting caught up on everybody's blogs!

Yes, Ledger's Joker IS definitely creepy. We'll see what people REALLY think of it tomorrow night.

Dawn Wilson said...

Oops! I mean, TONIGHT! *reminds self to set the recorder for the Oscars*