Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Speaking up

Today I had to constantly remind myself with two words: "Speak up!"

The reason? I was in an uncomfortable situation today. And I kept getting uneasy vibes about someone.

Instead of letting it pass... thinking "it's no big deal" or "he'll change," the voice of experience inside me shook me by the collar and said, "WAKE UP, WOMAN!! SPEAK UP!"

So I sucked in my gut and said, "I'm really not comfortable with this" and "I'm not that kind of girl." Oh, there was also the, "I don't feel good about that kind of thing."

If I'm going to be involved with someone, I REALLY think it's important to speak up in the beginning. Don't let the little things that rub you the wrong way just pass on by. Speak up about them, stay true to what you believe and who you are, and stand by it.

Yeah, I'm telling myself all that, too.

No comments: