Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Forgive me

Those of you getting emails from me with typos: Please forgive me for the oversight. As many of you know, I can only type with one hand due to the injury on my left hand. (I use my left hand to hold down the "Shift" key, but that's about it.) I also have less-than-perfect eyesight, and despite my efforts to scan my emails for typos and incorrect sentences to correct before I hit "Send," they sometimes will slip past my sight.

Also, I have a new keyboard now. I am not used to it yet. It is larger than my last one, and I keep hitting the wrong keys. My nephew had a good laugh over how I got frustrated when I was chatting with him and wondering WHY I didn't get a reply from him after I supposedly hit "Enter" after only hitting "Shift." LOL

I know, I SHOULD wear my glasses at all times, even when on the computer. But I can mainly see the computer just fine, so I normally don't wear them. Because I'm nearsighted, anyway, it gives me a headache wearing my glasses at the computer. Perhaps I can find glasses more appropriate for computer use.

I know that, being a writer, I'm expected to express myself clearly and without typos/incorrections. However, given these circumstances, that cannot always be the case.

Typing with one hand is also just ONE reason why I take forever to perform certain tasks while I am online. That, and I pretty much have the occasional "blonde moment."

No comments: