Thursday, September 28, 2006

My daughter's first poem!!

I know writing and art run in my family, but I didn't think it would show at such a young age, though I'm sure there's probably lots of other children under 5 showing skill with writing, drawing and creating "books."

While I was on the computer today, my little girl sat next to me, going over her letters. (I am homeschooling her in preschool.) She got my attention, and when I looked at her, she pointed at the appropriate letters and recited the following:

"R" is for "Rabbit" and "R" is for "Roo"
"P" is for "Piglet" and "P" is for "Pooh"

Wow...she just created her VERY FIRST POEM! When I told her she just said a poem, she was intrigued and asked what a poem was. LOL She didn't even know she just said a poem! :)

I am so proud. I thought that was cool!!

No comments: