Sunday, October 18, 2009
Warning signs of breast cancer
The following are signs and symptoms of breast cancer:
* A lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the underarm that persists through the menstrual cycle.
* A mass or lump, which may feel as small as a pea.
* A change in the size, shape, or contour of the breast.
* A blood-stained or clear fluid discharge from the nipple.
* A change in the feel or appearance of the skin on the breast or nipple (dimpled, puckered, scaly, or inflamed).
* Redness of the skin on the breast or nipple.
* An area that is distinctly different from any other area on either breast.
* A marble-like hardened area under the skin.
Source: The Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer