What happens when a desert rat moves out of the desert? Life, the universe, and everything! The way I see it and take it all in, anyway.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
10 Cost-Free Ways to Participate in National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
You don't have to break the bank to participate in National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. While there are organizations out there who will definitely benefit from any and all fundraising efforts, people who just can't financially help can still do something special in honor of this month. Below are ten no-cost things you can do to participate and still be a part of breast cancer awareness.
1. Volunteer at a cancer support group or center.
2. Join a network of breast cancer survivors and befriend someone and just talk.
3. Wear pink! Even better, something with a pink ribbon on it. Or wear a pink ribbon in your hair.
4. Read a book about breast cancer. Stay informed!
5. Create a sign, card or collage that honors someone you know who has lost their battle with or survived breast cancer.
6. Write a blog series on breast cancer awareness!
7. Encourage your friends and family to learn about breast cancer.
8. Write something that shows why you are glad we have a "breast cancer awareness month."
9. Spread the word about charities who are helping people struggling with breast cancer or a survivors network.
10. Decorate your Web site or page with pink and/or add something which reminds visitors that it's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Add links to charities and foundations or videos of breast cancer survivors sharing their stories, if you'd like.
Personal message from Dawn: Happy Birthday, Jesse! Hard to believe you are now 2 years old! The years go by so fast! We all love you so much and I feel so blessed you are in my life, sweet baby.
Writing by the name of Dawn Colclasure (my maiden name). Author of books for children as well as poetry books, writing books and books on the paranormal. I occasionally collaborate on books with Martha Jette or Jennifer Wilson.
Former editor and publisher of Burning the Midnight Oil Book Zine. Book reviewer for Night Owl Reviews.