Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The one good Easter picture

Last month, we took the children for their Easter picture. During the shoot, the photographer had to keep moving around on the floor because Jesse kept getting up and walking around the room, so we both had to work together in trying to get him to sit still. But in the process, the cord for the camera came off and the photographer reconnected the camera to the computer without checking to make sure everything was A-OK. That turned out to be a bad idea, because when we got the pictures, almost all of them were messed up. Seriously, a lot of them were cut off at the wrong angle, making it impossible to even get a decent head shot of one or both of the children.

There is good news, though. Of the many pictures we picked for Easter-themed pictures, only one of them came out just right. Here is the ONE good Easter picture of both of the children:



Yes, I realize the flash reflected off of Jennifer's lens there, and I worried about whether or not I should leave her glasses off for future pictures. (This has not happened with any of her school pictures. Maybe it's a photographer-thing and not a camera or setting thing?) All the same, though, it is still a GOOD picture. I am very happy with it and also very grateful that at least I have one good Easter picture of the children for this year.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said of the pictures we chose for our family. I might have to end up making copies of this one picture to send to everybody.


But there is more good news. Because of the mistake, they gave us a free make-up photo shoot. Some of them were Easter pictures, too. I don't know yet how these will turn out (as we have not yet gotten these pictures) but hopefully they will all turn out good. And if no Easter-themed pictures, then at least I still have the one good one to make a copy of and send it along with the others to our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The photographers lights were not placed properly, thats why you have the reflection on Jens glasses. I worked at Kiddie Kandids for a year and then JCPenney and I really liked it, but alot of my colleages did not and they were sloppy and not paying attention to certain details, and this kind of stuff would happen. Also they throw people in as photographers with only a couple of hours of experience and sometimes the mistakes made are just due to not really knowing what you are doing. However its a good picture I agree, because number one, both kids are looking in the same direction. When that is in place many wrong things can be forgiven.
Looks great! I hope the next ones come out good and you can post those too!
:-)

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks, Nancy. I hope they come out good, too. And of course I will share them! :) Thanks for letting me know it was a light thing. I was really concerned about that. This is why I don't normally wear my glasses in my pictures. That flash just reflects off of the lens! Gah! We actually got these done at JCPenney. Now I wonder if I need to start looking for a different photo studio to get all of our pictures done at.