Thursday, April 02, 2009

Are you a nerd and proud of it?

I made a recent discovery: There really is such a thing as Nerd Pride Day. I started to have doubts after a link in a friend's article eventually lead me to it, but there it was. Nerd Pride Day.

What's worse is that it falls on my birthday: May 25.

GAH!

I KNOW I look the part. Act the part. Talk the part and maybe even dress the part. Heck, I have been known to write the part!

But that doesn't mean I am proud to be a nerd. On the contrary, I wish I was the exact opposite of Nerd! (Hm, would that be "jock" or "slacker"?)

In any event, there is now an official day, on my birthday, for all nerds to unite and celebrate Nerddom.

But for the record, I'm a Trekkie. I have YET to settle my differences with Lucas-man.

And if it was up to me, I'd make the day National Animal Lovers Day! Or even National Trekkie Day. So there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha, I didnt see this blog till today. I had no idea March 25th was Nerd day! Or your bday!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
xoxoxox

Dawn Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn Wilson said...

Ah, thanks. But the B-day is in May, not March. So you are early. Yay! xoxo