Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Stuff from today

This morning, when I was getting Jennifer off to school, I started to experience some extreme nausea. It was so bad, I nearly threw up in the car! (And that is the second time I have almost thrown up in a car. I think Allison is forever grateful I didn't throw up in hers.) I started to wonder about why I was having such bad nausea. I started to think, you know, could I be pregnant? It's not possible, because the last time there was any action, I was on birth control. (I am standing by my decision not to take birth control anymore. That stuff just makes me sick! Yuck!) But I had to really wonder if it's possible. Especially since the nausea was coupled with bad pain in the lower stomach.

Anyway, if I am pregnant, you'll hear about it here first!

After I fed Jesse his breakfast, I got to work on one of the articles I have due on Friday. This one was quite a challenge to write, because it was about something I've never heard of before: Green roofs. And, apparently, they've been around for centuries! *rolls eyes* I can be so clueless sometimes. Well, it was quite educational doing research about them and writing up my article. Unfortunately, my articles can only be a maximum of 500 words. My final word count when I finished the first draft? Almost 1000! GAH! So I had to cut away some stuff. Mainly the parts discussing the pros and cons of having a green roof. I sadly bid it adieu from my article. *sniff, sniff* But later in the day, I came up with an idea. Why not post all my cut material on a new blog?? A blog that shares all the writing I delete from my work. I know some of it won't make sense to readers, even if I throw in an explanation. But if there's stuff I REALLY LIKE that I don't want to throw away or stuff I feel could be helpful to readers, why not?? It's something to think about. Haven't decided yet on if I should do that before or after the final draft of the work gets into print.

The pipes in my kitchen are STILL NOT FIXED (thanks, hubby!), so I'm still going to the darn laundromat to do laundry. I hate going to the laundromat, but especially THIS ONE I usually go to, which is down the street from me. It is very, very dirty, stinky, and has a lot of broken machines. Whoever owns it just doesn't take care of it, which is sad, really. I think if they took good care of it, they would have more paying customers. But also, it's a hangout for transients. Many times I am there, I'll see homeless people sleeping on the chairs and couches inside. With their cans of beer and bagged goods nearby, of course. It makes me really uncomfortable being there. But what happened today was the worst. The minute I stepped into there, a strong smell of marijuana hit my nose. YIKES! I saw someone huddled up on the couch, shaking. I had to wonder if, in addition to smoking weed, he'd shot up some H, too. But I didn't want to know. Shuddering, I turned around and got the heck out of there as fast as I could. I angrily stomped back home. Good thing I didn't have my children with me! I would have had to later, because hubby leaves for work and I won't leave them alone, but NOOO WAY was I taking them there now. I hate druggies. I REALLY hate them! I don't care if it was "just pot." DRUGS ARE BAD!!

We had plans to take the kids to a Disney Playhouse show in Portland this weekend. The problem is, we got mixed up on the dates -- it's on Friday, not Saturday -- and my husband is not able to drive us out there because he has to work. Darn! I know that Jennifer was so excited about going to the show. She has been SOOOO GOOD all week because she knows that show is coming up. (In addition to a science fair on Friday and playing golf on Sunday.) Now we have to tell her we can't go. :( That really stinks. I am NOT looking forward to seeing her all disappointed. It sucks. It really does. But husband said we'll go to the coast this weekend to make up for it. (They call it "the coast" and not "the beach.") Well, we'll see. I'm just really bummed about it. She would've really had a great time.

Well, I had a talk with my husband today. I told him about something that happened to me on Monday morning. I wasn't sure if I SHOULD tell him, but I was so upset about it and just...struggling with it. I guess I just got tired of him asking me "what's wrong?" so much and me shrugging it off because I didn't want to tell him. But I finally told him and he got mad that I thought it was a "ghost thing." He gave me that whole "it's all in your head" lecture and "blah, blah, blah, the mind is more powerful than you think" talk. Whatever! I know what happened. He is a skeptic no matter what kind of stuff will take place. But I wish that, for once, he was right. It was a really confusing thing. Hard to accept especially since it's never happened to me before. Well, I am trying to get to the point where it doesn't bother me so much anymore. I am trying to just...function. (And, Nancy, I WILL tell you about it when I am able to feel like my old self again.)

Today I was asking Jennifer about what kind of movies she wanted to see while I was logged in at Netflix. I was so disheartened when she asked me to remove a bunch of "kiddie" movies I had in my queue for her. Sigh. My baby is growing up! Instead of Blue's Clues and Oswald, she's watching Pokemon and iCarly. Well, Jesse will be into those kiddie shows soon enough. But as I was logged in at Netflix, I had to ask myself, you know, WHEN am I going to even watch these movies??? Seriously, I have had The Dark Knight for 3 weeks! Every night I tell myself I am going to watch that movie and I end up falling asleep before I can even turn it on! (And if you are a Netflix subscriber WAITING for this movie, now you know who to blame for the hold-up!) (Sowwy!) I actually considered putting a hold on my subscription, to wait until things slowed down and I actually have the time to watch a movie already. But I honestly don't even know if a time like that will come about soon!

Jesse's appetite has been ravenous. My husband is always saying "he's too fat" or "we shouldn't feed him so much." Well, it's not like we are constantly shoving food down his mouth! He's just hungry a lot. I am shocked. His appetite is a lot bigger than Jennifer's was at 15 months of age! I say, he's a baby. You know? He'll grow out of the baby fat. He's just a growing boy with a growing appetite! Males always have bigger appetites. Sometimes I'll watch my husband scarf down a ton of food in one sitting and it just boggles my mind on how he has room for it all! Well after I fed Jesse his dinner, he wanted some of OUR dinner. We all took turns giving him tiny bites of beans as well as a few low-salt crackers.

While we were eating dinner, he kept walking around the dining and living room. It was cute watching him take a bite and chew the food as he walked around. But sometimes, he bumped his head into my chair. Which kind of...got me nervous. I joked to Jennifer that I'll need to put a helmet on him. She joked that he'd need the whole football padding on the rest of his body! It worried me when he bonked his head but he seemed unconcerned about it. He'd just keep walking on by like nothing happened. (Maybe he's used to the occasional bonk of the head by now.)

But I think a helmet would have been a good idea because he had a bit of an accident shortly after I made that little joke. Jennifer kept running around with Jesse, playing with him. I kept telling her to slow down, stop chasing him, and just keep the calm. Of course she didn't listen. When she was chasing Jesse in the living room, he lost his balance and fell face-first against the bottom of the couch. I jumped up from my chair and ran to him. Jennifer had him in her arms and blood was dripping from his mouth. BLOOD! REAL BLOOD!! I started to panic as I ran to get my husband to help. I prayed he didn't lose a tooth or something worse than that. When my husband got him into the kitchen and started cleaning him up, stopping the bleeding, he examined him. Fortunately, Jesse stopped crying. He started to become curious of this room he was in. My husband told me he'd just bit his lip. THANK GOD! Thank God he hadn't lost or broken a tooth. I turned to see Jennifer standing behind us, in tears. She was so upset and bawling about how it was her fault he got hurt. We both hugged her and assured her it wasn't her fault. It was just an accident. And Jesse was okay.

Thank God he was okay.

But all that blood on his shirt is eerie. It is NOT a good thing to see on a baby's clothes!

What's weird, though, is that one of the blood stains looked like a heart. I was really surprised by it. I even took a picture and posted it on my picture blog: Heart-shaped blood stain

I debated over whether we should take him to the ER but husband assured me he'll be okay. I'll just keep a close eye on him, though. Just in case he has pain or discomfort.

All in all, it was an eventful day. Some bad things, some interesting things, some scary things. Wonder what tomorrow will bring -- or do I even want to know???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that heart shaped blood stain is freaky! Glad the baby is ok.

OMG you might be preggo!!!

yeah you know my hubby just doesnt believe anything supernatural at all. I think some people are just too grownded and close minded about these things. I guess it doesnt make them bad, just annoying! ha ha

how much does baby weigh? My oldest daughter was the FATTEST baby on the planet, at 19 months she weighed 37 pounds. the dr tested her for thyroid and then said just to make sure she didnt have anymore bottles, that we should have stopped those by 15 months. So we stopped the bottles and she maintaned her weight until she grew into it. Now she is perfect. Dont worry, babys are supposed to be a little pudgy!

Green roofs....there are a few of those in my city! The roof is grass! Its weird, but apparently very energy efficient.

I feel for you having to go to the laundromat. Start being slower at the laundry so hubby will get it fixed....he he
I agree....ALL DRUGS BAD!!!!!!!!

Dawn Wilson said...

I talked to my dr. She doesn't think it's pregnancy. More likely it's a GI thing. So I'm going to make an appt this week to test for that. I don't think I COULD be pregnant!

I don't go to that laundromat anymore. Now, anytime I have the chance, I load a basket of laundry into the car and head out to another one that is not too far from here. I love the other one. It is SO CLEAN and it has really good machines there. The owner was there yesterday, cleaning up and fixing any machine problems. There aren't any transients or druggies there, either. Still, would be NICE to be able to do laundry at home. If he doesn't call a plumber, I'll do it!

Yeah, the green roofs are VERY energy efficient. That's the stuff I had to take out of my article, though. Unfortunately. :(

Baby weighs 25 pounds. My dr. does want us to stop the bottles. So far we've been cutting them down but haven't stopped them completely yet. That's a work in progress. He's just used to having his "ba-ba" before the afternoon nap. Thanks for the input! :)