Sunday, January 18, 2009

So hungry today

Yesterday I was feeling pretty sick. The night before, I got sick with REALLY bad dizziness, nausea, stomach pain and my vision was spinning. My husband had to come home from work early because it was so bad. Fortunately, the dizziness went away but the stomach pain remained.

Yesterday, the stomach pain was pretty bad. I started to wonder if I had a case of food poisoning or some kind of 24-hour bug. All week, I'd been dealing with dizziness. I thought it was food poisoning that caused me to get hit even harder, though, with the dizziness and everything else, because my husband had not been eating with us lately (eating at work all week) and it could have been something that I ate on one of my solo meals. Or maybe not; Jennifer was too sick to go to basketball practice yesterday, having the same complaints, so it might have been a food that we both ate.

Nevertheless, I was cautious on just what I ingested. I didn't have any coffee (*cries*) and drank lots of water. I had a little bit of Coke with water. Not too much, though. For breakfast, I ate toast. Then later, yogurt. After I had the yogurt, I was feeling a little better and my husband got us chicken tacos a VERY LATE lunch. I had that and a cheese quesadilla. ( I was CRAVING cheese!) Then by dinnertime, I was hungry again but not too sure about eating so much. I had a little chicken broth and that settled my stomach.

The good news is, stomach pain is ALL GONE now. Yay! And....I AM STARVING! LOL I am definitely gonna make up today for the very little I had to eat yesterday. As it is, I am sitting here eating Goldfish crackers and having my coffee. I missed the coffee!! But I'll keep it in mind to go easy all the same. The shock of too much foods, especially too much stomach-discomfort-causing foods (like spicy stuff), will likely cause trouble. We're having a goodbye party for Angel today (the dog I have been pet-sitting) so I'll just nosh on some veggies instead of the chips and salsa. ;)

I hope I made the right food choices, though, when my stomach was as bad as it was. I know that plain toast is okay to eat when you're having stomach trouble and that yogurt is helpful, too. I'll have to look into that sort of thing and maybe I'll learn of some other things that are good to eat/drink when having stomach discomfort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh sorry to hear you have been sick!!! But glad you are feeling better. bananas rice applesauce and toast (brat diet) is what i've always done when someone in the family is sickie...or me, ha ha

Dawn Wilson said...

The BRAT diet is awesome for stomach troubles. I was out of bananas and applesauce on that day, though. And, thank you. :) I am feeling heaps better now!