Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's WHAT Appreciation Day??

Today is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Yup, you read that right. A day to appreciate...squirrels.

Don't believe me? Take a gander at this link:

Squirrel Appreciation Day

When I saw that, I was, like, "Seriously?? A special day for....squirrels???"

Even when I told my husband about it, he was surprised, too. "Who the (bleep) started THAT up??"

I have nothing personal against squirrels, mind you. As long as they don't get all rabid and try to attack me, or something. As long as they don't attack my kids, hurt my dogs or tear up my yard. We're A-OK as long as they STAY AWAY from us! But I really don't see how....WHY...squirrels should get a special "appreciation day." I mean, that's just weird.

If ANY animal deserves a day of appreciation, it's wolves! Or...horses! Ferrets! Whales!

Today's special critter made me remember a movie clip from one of my favorite Christmas movies:



(P.S.: For me, it doesn't NEED to be closed-captioned, because I've seen the movie a million times and know what everybody's saying.)

I love that whole "SQUIRREL!!!!" part. LOL I could play that one part over and over. Sometimes, I do that when I see squirrels. Just shout "Squirrel!!!!"

And FYI: It is also National Hugging Day!

National Hugging Day

Now get out there and hug someone. Maybe you can even try to hug a squirrel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea there was a squirrel appreciation day!! Ha ha
Or a national hugging day!

Dawn Wilson said...

Well, hugging is definitely one thing I did a lot of yesterday. :)