Thursday, January 03, 2008

No secrets

It seems like we can never keep something a secret. We try our hardest and sometimes, we'll even do things we wouldn't normally do just to protect that secret. But sooner or later, that secret comes out. The person we don't want to know the truth finds out the truth.

Or, somebody else finds out and tells the people we don't want to know.

It has so many ways of happening. The person a secret is kept from does some detective work or they act on a funny feeling. Or, they'll ask the question the person hiding the secret hopes they won't ask. And the...secretive person tells them the secret, because they won't lie to them.

That last part recently happened to me. Something I was trying to keep a secret about is out, and the person who asked was the person I did not want to know. But he asked and...well, there it was. Now other people know. My secret is out!

I know this kinda thing is good material for a story, but it really makes me wonder about why it happens. Does Fate WANT that person to know? Are they supposed to find out? And how is it some secrets are successfully kept, but not others?

Something to think about....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This might be funny, but...what was the secret?? lol Can you e-mail me and tell me what was found out?

Dawn Wilson said...

LOL I ALREADY told you. In...a MySpace message, I think. About why I remarried Jason?...