Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Goodbye to all that!

Happy New Year!

2007 has finally come and gone. It definitely had some major life changes for me, and its fair share of ups and downs. I'm optimistic about the new year and I look forward to what new adventures it will bring.

There are some things I had in 2007 that I won't have in 2008. I atarted 2007 as a divorcee and start 2008 as a remarried woman. I started 2007 as the mother of one child and started 2008 as the mother of two. I started 2007 continuing with my E-zine and, just last month, sent out the final issue. There will be no E-zine for me in 2008.

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to taking on new writing projects and trying to work out my financial issues. Mainly, I haven't been able to save any money. There was ALWAYS something coming up that required the money I was trying to save! So this year I'm definitely going to make saving money a priority. I'm also going to make EVERY EFFORT to send EVERYONE in my family a birthday gift AND Christmas gifts. There were some people I missed last year, so I'm hoping I can get everyone this year!

Aside from that, I have the usual resolutions: Try to get into shape, eat a healthier diet, do more charity work. I'm hoping those things can be a reality this year.

I was not able to celebrate New Year's Eve with my friends (as I'd hoped/planned to!) but my immediate family was with me, and they are the people most important to me. I DID get invited to a party, but I didn't want to be away from my children so I stayed home. Next year, however, I'm planning a BIG New Year's Eve bash! I now know that I'll have to plan/arrange it and invite everyone a whole heck of a lot sooner than just 2 days before then. ;) But at least the most important people in my life were still here to enjoy it with me.

No comments: