Monday, January 21, 2008

Busy, busy

Lately, my life has just been SO FREAKING BUSY.

I am working my new writing job at night now and I'm also returning to my old ways of being a "nocturnal housekeeper" and cleaning up at night. Well, OF COURSE I clean during the daytime, but also at night. (I'm just the kind of person who likes to wake up to a clean house.) Plus, I'm super busy taking care of the kids and making sure they get fed and safely tucked in at night.

Also, I'm so busy during the daytime. I'm spending at least two hours of my mornings (from 5-7 a.m.) working on ONE book project. (Sometimes I'll work on more. One day, I worked on THREE!) Then I do the housework and running errands. I take care of the kids, help older child with homework, do MORE housework and just try to get EVERYTHING done. I usually don't get to bed until midnight. After the kids are asleep, I have just a small space of free time for myself to enjoy doing whatever. Then I go to bed at midnight, wake up at 4:30 a.m., then do it all over again.

At least staying busy is keeping me preoccupied, but the lack of sleep is insane. I know I'll get used to only getting 4 1/2 hours at night and a 30-minute nap in the daytime, but it's still crazy to do that long-term.

I once promised myself that after I finished a certain amount of books, I'd take a vacation. Now, living off of 5 hours of sleep a day, I'm changing my mind. Forget the vacation. After I finish those books, I'm going to sleep for 2 weeks!!

No comments: