Friday, February 28, 2014

Gas disappearing from my car?

Today is the last day of February, and guess how much money was spent on gas for my car? It was $65!!! That is the most we have ever spent on gas for this car in one month.

As the needle on the car’s gas gauge kept going down to “E,” I started to get suspicious that maybe there was something wrong. The car has about 25 miles per gallon. It could not be using up gas THAT quickly! I worried that maybe there was something damaged that caused a gas leak, or something.

I brought this to my husband’s attention after putting gas in the tank YET AGAIN and he looked at the car. Turns out the car was low on coolant and, according to what I was told, this was why the engine burned up more of the gas.

After he looked at the car and fixed the problem, I once again kept my eye on that needle as I drove the car. Thankfully, two days later, the car hasn’t run out of gas again. I guess that means that the problem is fixed. Yay! Glad that’s over with. But I’ll still keep am eye on things with the car, just in case anything else turns up. (And make sure the car has enough coolant!)

I did a bit of research on this and found out that two other things that can cause this to happen are a dirty fuel system or a defective fuel gauge sender.

No comments: