Saturday, March 01, 2014

February disappointments

The month of February has come and gone, a fact I am grateful for! It just wasn't a very good month for me. Never mind the LEEP (which totally threw me off course for the following week after because of pain and side effects, which I'm still experiencing), but I also did not reach my "book goal" for the month. My book goal for the year is to read a new book every month and while there WAS a new book out I could've ordered and read last month, I just didn't get around to it.

Some other things did not work out very well for February, either. Such as:

1. My visit to an elementary school class to talk about sign language. We've been having scheduling conflicts for this thing for months! I am beginning to wonder if they still want me to come by.

2. My goal to write in my personal journal every day. Didn't happen! I have pretty much resigned myself to not being a "daily journal writer" but I'd really like to see if I can change that, just for the challenge of TRYING to change that! (Can you tell I like to challenge myself??) Soo, didn't happen. Sometimes I go weeks or months between writing in the personal journal! I don't know why. Even when I have things to write about or thoughts to put down or dreams to write about, that stuff may not get written down!

3. Start saving money. It scares me that we don't have an emergency fund. That is really NOT cool! We really need to set up an emergency fund.

4. My training for the race was totally thrown off schedule, because of the LEEP. My doctor said I have to take it easy for 2 weeks. And there's one more week to go. Argh! IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!! I have itchy feet and wanna get OUT THERE! Watching the movie Chariots of Fire last night did not make it any easier to be on the DL. (Why, oh why, did I watch Chariots of Fire when I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DO ANY RUNNING???!!!!)

5. I didn't finish the haunted cities book. Darn it! Yet another month of NOT finishing this book! I am trying to be patient but it's really getting to me. I'd like to think I'm on the last chapter. (I am also disappointed that I won't be able to include Tombstone, AZ.)

6. Another goal I have for the year is to get EVERYBODY in the family a birthday present every month. This did not happen in February, unfortunately. There was just too much that went wrong there.

7. The February newsletter DID NOT get sent out. Heck, I have yet to put the January issue up on my site. Good grief!

And while some things did not happen in February, I am happy to report that some things DID happen. For instance....

1. I took the first class required for childcare training. Yay! I am in the process of being scheduled for the next class. I have to take Child First Aid & CPR, Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse, Early Childhood Development and I also have to get a food handler's card. Then I'm in. Like Finn. :)

2. I managed to go over the proof for the Parenting Pauses book in a timely manner, which will be out any day now. Woo-hoo!

3. I got more research done for the health book! Yay!

4. The cover goof that was on the new edition for the poetry book Follow That Dream has been FIXED! I am so glad it is of much better quality now. Many thanks to cover designer Charlotte Holley for getting the new image to me and I am glad it all went through okay.

5. I figured out a new plan to ensure I can get everybody their birthday presents!

6. I FINALLY got caught up on books to review for Night Owl Reviews. Wow, I really fell behind!

So, not as many good things as the things that didn't happen. I hope March will be different! March needs to be a better month than February was!

Today, I am also thankful for something that I myself did not accomplish last month but still thankful for all the same: I am thankful my senior dog survived another month. He turns 21 years old today!

2 comments:

Millie said...

Alright Chewie! He is a little trooper, that dog. And well, don't beat yourself up to bad about not getting everything done, February does ONLY have 28 days in it! Ya know!? lol!

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks, Millie. :) I was actually surprised he made it to 21. He is the last surviving member of his family! He is such a tough doggie. And I have a new book goal for 2014. Going back to my original goal since this one did not work out!