Saturday, February 15, 2014

Some good and some bad

Yesterday was not exactly a great day, because a lot of things just went Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. (Sidenote: I HATE TECHNOLOGY!!!) But a few things went right. That’s what made me think that maybe yesterday was not a total loss. And I’m thinking the same thing again today, because some things went wrong but some things went right.

I saw my bestie today. Yay! She is an awesome friend. And I’m glad I went into her house today because she’s made some dramatic changes and it just looks AWESOME. But it was raining like hell today. When I went into her house, I was all like, “It’s raining cats and dogs out there!” And I was out in that rain when I went to the store later to buy bottled water. I got soaked! (Ah, life in the Northwest.)

Oh, something funny happened on the way to my friend’s house. I had to pull over because a cop was coming. When that cop car passed us by like ZOOM!, it went soooo fast that the car shook! I freaked out and was all like, “Jesus Christ on a pogo stick!” That’s the first time I have ever said that in front of Jennifer and she almost bust a gut laughing. Then she said, “I have to draw a pic of that later.”

Another good thing is that we have a cover for the Parenting Pauses book. Woo-hoo! I love the cover! The picture that made the cut is one of my favorites. I felt bad for my friend because the publisher could not use any of the pictures she took, but I am just glad a cover was created all the same. (And that experience right there made me think that it’s time to get a better camera!)

Jesse woke up last night feeling sick and ended up vomiting then having a fever. We’re really concerned about him. It seems like he’s caught the stomach flu that’s been going around. We changed his diet today and made sure he got some rest. Fortunately, he’s feeling a little better this evening, but we’ll keep an eye on him.

But I organized my bookmarks on the computer today. And got lots of housework done. Good stuff!

Didn’t do too much writing today but that’s only because I’m busy with manuscript edits.

No comments: