Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Give me a break!

This week is Jennifer's Spring Break from school. You would think we'd be taking advantage of that and having fun!

Unfortunately, that hasn't YET been the case. Instead of having fun, we have been doing WORK. Cleaning, organizing, getting rid of old stuff and sorting through everything.

At the very beginning of Spring Break, we both made a list of things we wanted to do. On both lists was getting Jen's room straightened up. And for the most part, that has happened. (I still have to organize her closet and fix her posters, The double-sided tape I bought to hang them up doesn't work, no matter how much of it I use! I'd hate to use tacks, because they are really nice posters.)

Getting the room organized is the ONLY thing on our lists we've managed to get done. We have YET to go play golf, go fishing, have a sleepover and go to the park.

Instead, we've been busy getting work done. My husband has been doing some repairs around the house (FINALLY!!) and I'm still working my way through organizing the house. In addition to being swamped with writing work!

But I am going to MAKE ROOM for some fun. I've spoiled her today but tomorrow is the official "start" of fun time. I've invited Jennifer's friend over for a sleepover and I have promised her we will go out tomorrow and just do something enjoyable. NO WORK. Just a little fun. For once.

Spring Break will be over before we know it. And the last thing I want her to tell her teacher when asked what she did on Spring Break is, "Clean the house."

Here's hoping I can get some of that fun stuff into the picture while there is time for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that double sided tape doesnt work unless its the padded kind.

whats wrong with cleaning the house on spring break, ha ha I think thats perfect, thats what I plan to do. after that, laze around and do nothing. LOL

Millie said...

Aww I hope Jen does* have some fun on her spring break but isn't it crazy that spring cleaning frenzy just attacks us all? I have been doing a lot of cleaning too.

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks for the comments. Jen had a BLAST on her sleepover and we had an outing yesterday, too. Today is her final day of Spring Break and I'm hoping we can hit the mall.

Spring cleaning frenzy is definitely in the air. It's that time of the year again!