Sunday, March 08, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

I am ready to kick myself. Apparently, it's Daylight Savings Time today! Not the good kind, where we get to set our clocks back an hour. But the frantic kind, where we have to set our clocks an hour AHEAD and end up scrambling all over the place to get to certain places on time.

Too bad I didn't remember what today was until AFTER I had to be somewhere at a certain time.

Yup. You guessed it. We were late for church. AN HOUR LATE! *bangs head against desk*

Actually, an hour and 15 minutes late. I got me and the kids there thinking we were only 15 minutes late. I should've realized something was up and that it was LONGER than just 15 minutes late when I noticed the usual hosts at the tables in the Children's Ministry were long gone, along with the table settings, member cards, assorted paperwork, etc. I saw all that and thought, 'Wow, they must've cleared out of there FAST!'

But the real funny part came later. As I was sitting in the sanctuary and watching the service. Then it was time for collection and I was thinking, 'Already??' Then we had singing and prayer, then everybody starts breaking away from the pews, hugging each other, holding hands and talking. I take it to mean it was time for the "meet and greet" we usually have during services so I just busy myself with reading the day's literature. Then I turn around to notice the doors are open. With some people walking out of them. And I'm sitting there, looking around and thinking, "Why is everybody...leaving?"

So I figure, okay, church is ending early today. Still, I was confusedly walking around, debating whether I should ask anyone if services were indeed over. I eventually caught sight of my friend, Val. We hugged and chatted briefly. Then I watched her walk away and she just...left. So I guess, yes, services were indeed over! 'Wow,' I think. 'That sure was a short service today. Did they change the times, or something?'

When I got to the nursery to pick up Jesse, I asked about that. They told me that church services were from 10:30 to noon. The only difference? No longer at 12:30. And I was thinking, 'It's not even noon yet! I just looked at my cell and it's only 11ish.' But they were pointing at the clock on the wall and, sure enough, it said the time was NOON.

It wasn't until I got out to the car that it hit me: OH! IT'S DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! DUH!!!

Yeah, no kidding. LOL

P.S. On a positive note, I did just fine leaving the baby in the nursery today. Woo-hoo!! One of the volunteers told me, "He was quiet the whole time." I think it was just new for him and he was curious about the other babies in there.

P.P.S. I just found out today that another friend I have at church has 12 kids. ZOMG!! *faints*

P.P.S.S. I don't know how those moms do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Ha ha, well dont feel bad, I bet lots of people did that across the land. I remembered around noon to change the clocks. Tomorow will be exhausting for sure because no one can go to sleep, it feels too early!

12 kids!? Whoa! I dont know how anyone can not lose their sanity with that many! Ha ha

Thank you for your last comment on my long day blog, it made me feel much better about myself! You are a good friend too and I am grateful that you are my friend!
xoxoxo

Dawn Wilson said...

I am grateful for our friendship, too. :) More than you could ever know! And you're welcome. I promise to comment over there when I have the chance!