Thursday, June 05, 2008

This is what happens when you let your kids plan their weekends

Not only does my 6-year-old want to run in a race and play at her baseball game, but she also wants to go play golf! (That will LIKELY happen after church and the usual library visit.)

I can just see those two boxes on my calendar now:

Saturday: filled.
Sunday: filled.

My daughter, the future Iron Man Championship contestant! *faints*

I should take solace in the fact that at least she doesn't want to sit in front of the TV all weekend. Though if I DID finally give in to her constantly begging me to buying her video games or gave her free reign on playing computer games, she might end up spending her weekend in front of a DIFFERENT kind of screen.

I tell you one thing: I sure do envy her all that energy.

2 comments:

Jana B said...

OMW!!!!!!! LOL sounds like your daughter is full of energy and life... makes me look forward to the day when I'll (hopefully) have a daughter of mine running around trying to conquer the world (or to conquer a video game world, depending on her mood lol)

Are you actually going to try and DO all of these things? Seriously????

Dawn Wilson said...

I was concerned about her running in a race on the same day she has a baseball game so I suggested she run some other race some other time. we instead worked on tossing the ball around to practice. We worked out the other stuff in bits and pieces.