Friday, June 13, 2008

First ball game

On Saturday, June 8th, Jennifer had her first ball game. She played pretty well, except she wasn't too quick on her feet after catching the ball. She kinda did a happy dance in outfield after catching the ball before she went to first base with it. (Heh, yay!) She batted pretty well (better than before) and I was concerned the game lasted longer than her usual practices but she hung in there. They took a break for snack time and I had to choose a future date to bring the snacks to the game. (I am currently freaking out over one or more of the kids on the team having a food allergy and how I should pick out the best healthiest snacks that ALL of them would be able to eat. Besides fruit.)

Here are pictures my husband took. The first is of Jennifer before the game.







During the game, she took every free chance she could to run back to where we were to drink from her water bottle or to say hi to her brother. Fortunately, we had nice weather and AMAZINGLY, it didn't rain. I'm still planning on bringing an umbrella to future games. You never know with weather in the Northwest!

At one point during the game, I saw a man walking his dog around the diamond. I almost laughed when the dog lifted his leg and peed on the batting stick! I guess you could say he "blessed" it. :D

No comments: