Thursday, June 26, 2008

Morning mental fogginess

This morning, after I fed the baby, I wanted to go get some donuts from the store. I had to get my husband up first, though, to keep an eye on the kids while I was gone. So I woke him up sometime after 10. "I'm going to go get donuts," I said.

My husband looked at me and said, "I have to punch poi..." The word he almost said was "point" but it totally looked like he was saying "you."

And that made me freak! WHA???!!!! Punch me?? I don't have to get us donuts! I'll get croissants instead! Please don't hurt me!!

"What did you say?" I gasped, moving away from him on the bed.

He shook his head and looked around. "What?" He shook his head again, rolled his eyes then looked at me and said, "Never mind. I was dreaming about work."

I started laughing. Oh, my gosh. That is just so funny. He has NEVER threatened to hurt me physically but I admit that what he said clutched my heart. He later explained he was dreaming about punching holes into metal at work and he thought he was still in his dream when he woke up. (Gee, thanks for the appearance comment, sweetie pie!) I just thought it was so hilarious that happened.

But one time that he woke up all confused, it wasn't so funny. Actually, it was downright frustrating!

When he was working a different job in California, he occasionally had to drive his boss, Alan, to work. On these days, he had to get up for work extra early. He usually told me the night before if he had to or not but one time, he didn't say anything. So I woke him up early the next morning, just in case he did have to drive his boss to work. The exchange went something like this:

Me: "Do you have to drive Alan to work today?"

Him: "Who?"

"Alan."

"Alan what?"

"Do you have to drive him to work today?"

"Who?"

"Alan."

"Alan what?"

"Do you have to drive him to work today?"

"Who?"

"ALAN!!!!"

This kinda thing doesn't happen very often. My husband is not all too keen on remembering his dreams and, last time I checked, he isn't in charge of driving anyone to work. But when it does happen, at least it can be something funny, even scary, to reflect on every now and then.

4 comments:

Jana B said...

HEY!!!!!!!! you remodeled the blog!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!! I love it!

Yes, I think I would have had to resort to desperate measures to wake my hubby up if he were making me repeat myself like that! LOL

The first one... reminds me that you said you were going to get new hearing aids... what ever happened with that? *curious*

Anonymous said...

I like the remodel, looks good!

Once my hubby was taking a nap and me and my daughter who was three at the time came into the room. He stirred, flipped over and then sang out "whooooooooo" like he was tuning his voice...then he started singing "the brady bunch, the brady bunch!" you know the theme to the show, LOL
he will never live that down.

Anonymous said...

Lol That's funny, he works too much or something! lol By the way, the remodel looks good. :)

Dawn Wilson said...

Jana: Believe it or not, that little outburst of mine was what FINALLY got him to wake up a little more. LOL I AM going to get a hearing aid. Thanks for reminding me! I've been sooo busy and forgot to look into that.

Anti Ashley: That is soooo funny! OMIGOSH! LOL One time as my husband napped on the couch, our daughter tied him up then built a small "tent" over his face. LOL

Millie: YES! He does work an awful lot! But, that's life. At least his work doesn't involve anything physical!

And thanks, all, for the great comments about the new look! Yay! :)