Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Day 8 and still no check

Well, the 3 days I had to wait for my company to process my "electronic funds transfer" forms have come and gone. I thought that after 3 days, the money would FINALLY be in my bank account. But, it was not. Angered, I called the company, only to find out 2 things: 1) They have to process it AGAIN before 2 p.m. EST (I wonder if they would've even done that if it hadn't been for me calling them??) And 2): I have to wait TWO MORE business days until the money is finally in my checking account. I could not believe what I was reading. When they told me that, I screamed, "You've GOT to be fucking kidding me!!" But apparently, they weren't. I askerd why I have to wait two more days and they said it's not their fault; it's the checking system. It's not the same as a wire transfer. It takes 2 days for it all to go through. It has to go from them to a middleman THEN to MY bank account.

ARGH!!!

I am sooo frustrated with this. I mean, I was looking forward to FINALLY buying some food. But I guess I'll have to wait until we can freaking eat! On top of this, I'm coming down with a cold, and I don't have the kind of cold medicine my doctor said is safe for pregnancy. PLUS there is very, very little gas in the car, which I am saving for when I have the money in my bank to go put some more gas in there. So if I want to go somewhere, I have to bum a ride, use the bus (which I don't have fare for) or walk. Or, not go at all. I'm supposed to meet my friend today and I'm debating whether I should call to cancel or just walk there. (My back pain will be the determining factor for this.)

Plus, we're still late on paying our bills. Thank God my husband got paid yesterday; we were finally able to pay our rent (along with the late fee). That leaves us with less than $500. So we'll be relying on THAT to get some food.... that is, IF he doesn't have to make his car payment right away. Plus he has to pay car insurance on the same day my check money should be in the bank.

I sure hope it is. If not, I am seriously going to contact an attorney. This is just ridiculous!

On the other hand, it has also made me realize something. Something I should have realized a lot sooner: I CANNOT comfortably rely on this monthly check anymore. Sure I'm guaranteed this income for life. Sure I have a contract and a court order that it be enforced. But, you know, you can NEVER rely on this kinda thing. Hell, you can NEVER rely on anything!

For this reason, I am once again going to work from home. I mean, that does it! This is the last straw! I hate working from home because I'd rather be around PEOPLE! Err....ADULT people. But, I am six months pregnant, deaf AND not exactly equipped with a history of job skills or experiences. Right now, working from home seems to be my only option.

I have no idea what kind of work I will do. I don't want to freelance again, because that kinda thing does not gaurantee a weekly or biweekly paycheck. But I'm definitely going to check around, look into EVERYTHING, and see what I can come up with. I am not going to let us fall into this kind of situation again. I will do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that I need to do to start working from home -- because, apparently, not even a court-ordered income is something to be relied on anymore.

2 comments:

Jana B said...

Uggg... that has got to absolutely suck!

Can't wait to see what kind of job you end up doing...

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks! :) Slowly but surely, I am figuring it out. :)