Friday, July 27, 2007

My "finally" week

One word definitely stands out this week: "Finally!"

Finally, I got all caught up on one of my email accounts (which had over 9600 emails).

Finally, I finished step 2 of the editing process for a manuscript (it took me 9 days!)

Finally, I sent a query off for a manuscript.

Finally, I heard back from a publisher on a manuscript submitted.

Finally, I posted something on my dA account.

Notice how most of that stuff is writing-related? Yeah, I'm picking up on that, too. Kinda frustrating. I only wish I could say "finally!" with some OTHER stuff I gotta get done. Non-writing stuff. Stuff like:

--Cleaning out the closets.

--Emailing my wedding pictures to family members.

--Getting a BIG toy box for all of Jennifer's stuffed animals overcrowding her closet.

--Giving my dog a bath. (He's needed one for 3 weeks!)

--Mailing my nephew a laaaate birthday present.

A few of those items are things I have been trying to get done for WEEKS.

Sometimes, when I think to do them, I also think, "Well, it's not a good time. Jennifer will interrupt me with something or another. My neighbor will show up at the door asking a favor. A fire might start." Etc., etc. But something tells me I should adopt the same kind of attitude I have when it comes to writing something: "JUST DO IT!!" Forget about the "what ifs" and "maybes" and just get it done the minute I am free.

Or, at least, start to get it done. Until it finally IS done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wowza! 9600 e-mails? I couldn't manage that in a year, not even in two I bet lol. I'm lucky if I get 5 a day, plus one or two of spam.