Friday, October 06, 2006

Weekend

A friend of mine once said, "I try to avoid working on the weekends if I can get away with it."

But, when you're a writer, not only do you take your work home with you, but you just can't turn that stuff off.

I have been TRYING to get my novel revisions done. Coupled with everything else I do, that has majorly gone to my weekends. Which actually works out pretty well; I'm all alone on the weekends, my daughter's with her dad, so, I've got more time.

But it seems I've got something ELSE I have to work on this weekend. I'm supposed to interview this author and I need to read his book like a madwoman just so I can make good on that interview. Plus, I have all these other books to read for my novel research. I also have ANOTHER interview coming up, which requires reading ANOTHER book. (I need to write down that date before I forget it.) And I have to keep reminding myself there's someone out there who wants to interview ME! LOL

I've got to start writing all this stuff down.

But, really. I don't mind. Work is good. Keeps my mind off of my baby not being with me, at least....but ONE of these weekends....ONE day...I'm hoping I'll be able to forget about the writing obligations and just run away somewhere to have fun. I think I need that.

No comments: