Thursday, May 01, 2014

Taking care of April business in May

The last week of the month is always a time of dread for me. That’s when I need to sit down and take stock of what I have managed to accomplish that month – and what I didn’t accomplish. It’s also the time I have to prepare a budget plan for the next month. And the very last day of the month is the day I ask myself, “Any last-minute things I need to do for this month?”

When I asked myself that yesterday, I realized that, yes, I did still have a couple of things to do before April was officially over. But, unfortunately, I did not have a chance to do them.

Today I made sure I DID have that chance, because I really did need to do these things (add the April newsletter to my website and return a manuscript I edited). So I got them done today, in addition to some “May business” I had to take care of today as well. (There are other “May things” I have to do this month, but all in good time.)

What’s interesting is that I started early on May business during the last week of April. I set the wheels in motion to take care of a couple of things.

So I was pretty much doing May business in April. And April business in May. Fair trade!

I did add my newsletter, though. And while I was doing website updates, I decided to move a book on my “Coming Soon!” page to my book page. I have a new release today! Woo-hoo!

The month of May has gotten off to a pretty good start so far. Things have been insanely busy but as long as I keep at it and stick to my planners, I should get other May things done this month.

No comments: