Thursday, May 29, 2014

My 40th birthday

On Sunday, I celebrated my 40th birthday. I didn’t blog about it because I was not on the computer very much. I am starting to spend A LOT less time on the computer than I have in the past – and, the truth is, I am enjoying every minute of it. This was one of my goals for 2014 and I’m so glad I made that goal. True it means I get a lot less work done so fast and I’m not on social media so much anymore, but I really am happy to not be so “chained to the computer” anymore.

And I didn’t blog about it on Monday because it was Memorial Day and that was a day meant to honor our soldiers. Then life got crazy busy and I just didn’t have time.

But now I have the time to blog about this.

I had two other goals before I turned 40 that I was able to accomplish, as well: Have a child and author/co-author 20 books. I am thrilled I was able to accomplish these goals. I do have other goals I want to accomplish, but they are not age-specific.

Some people dread turning 40 but I was actually excited about it. Believe me, I don’t miss being 30-something! I had to learn SO MUCH in my 30s. There were just so many trials, so much heartache, betrayals and pain I had to go through in my 30s. Good riddance to all of it! Now I am 40 and embracing this second chapter of my life. I’m excited to see what my 40s brings and even though I know there may be some bad things, I am optimistic there will be a lot of good things!

Since the 40th birthday is a big deal, I knew I had to decide what exactly we would do for it. I knew I wanted to spend the day with my husband and children, the one group of people in my life who TRULY love me and care about me. So I wanted to be with them on this special day! I decided we would go to the Science Factory and visit the planetarium they have there. I’ve never been to the Science Factory and I’ve heard a lot about it, so I wanted to check it out! It was awesome – the kids had fun there – and the star show we saw at the planetarium was just so neat!

We also went out to lunch and I had a VERY fudgy birthday cake.

As to gifts, my youngest sister, Millie, sent me a poetry book and chocolates. (Thank you, Millie!) From the hubs and kids, I got a Starbucks gift card, gift card to Barnes & Noble, a collage photo frame, a coffee cup and MORE chocolates! (Very cool it was a very chocolatey day!) From my friend, I got a gift card to Fred Meyer, which I was thrilled about because I’d had my eye on a certain movie thee, as well as a certain T-shirt and a certain book, and thanks to my frind, I was able to get all three! Yay!

We capped off my birthday by watching the movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. (I LOVE the Pirates of the Caribbean movies!!!)

Also, I received so many birthday wishes on my Facebook page. (Thanks again, everybody! You rock!) I also received a couple of personal birthday emails from a couple of friends. I am so grateful to them for taking the time out of their busy lives to wish me a happy birthday! And I was touched they remembered.

Aside from one bad thing happening on my birthday, it was a really good day and I was very happy.

No comments: