Sunday, May 11, 2014

My Mother's Day Miracle

In the last blog post, I mentioned I had a title stuck in my head at the time I was writing a Mother’s Day story. The title was “A Mother Day’s Miracle.” And I found that odd, because that’s not a title I would use for this story. It’s nice and all, but not the title for this story.

So, why was this title stuck in my head?

Turns out, it was not a title for a story. It was a title for something to happen.

Because of Jennifer’s surgery in Portland on Friday, there was a chance she would not be home for Mother’s Day. And, yes, I could have gone to the hospital to visit her, but I’d been sick with a stomach bug.

Thankfully, I am over that now. But that was not the miracle that happened. The miracle that happened was that Jennifer was able to come home from the hospital yesterday. And she got to be at home with me on Mother’s Day.

I was able to be with both of my children for Mother’s Day. I was SO happy!! And I felt so blessed that we were not kept apart for today.

So I ended up getting my Mother’s Day Miracle after all. The best Mother’s Day gift ever.

2 comments:

Millie said...

Awww! That's awesome! Glad to hear! ^_^ Happy Mother's Day!

Dawn Wilson said...

Thank you. :) I'm not ready to have a Mother's Day without my kids!