Thursday, October 02, 2008

From bad to Good to GREAT!

I had a REALLY crummy morning and as the day just got worse, I thought the WHOLE DAY would just suck. I thought it was gonna be a BAD DAY and I didn't expect it to get any better.

But actually, it did! In fact, waaaaayyyy better.

This morning, Jennifer was wasting time in the bathroom while already running late for school. I started freaking out and getting upset with her and SHE got upset and we both ended up feeling just rotten afterwards.

THEN an interview I hoped to land with a writer for my blog just didn't happen so the blog will remain unupdated until I can figure out something fresh to post using the same topic.

THEN my husband told me we'd do the birthday shopping for Jennifer today, while she is in school. (Her birthday is tomorrow and she doesn't have school so this was our window of time to get her birthday gifts.) But he got called in to a meeting with his other job and ended up being gone for hours. I was SO upset. I had hoped he and I could maybe grab lunch together while we were out. It's been FOREVER since we've done anything together! So much for that.

THEN I got a rejection from a literary agent, who rejected a query for my novel. Sigh!

THEN an article that was supposed to be published this month got bumped. AGAIN. *cries*

And after all that, I didn't think anything good would come about. Actually, I was ready to dig a hole and crawl into it!! I didn't want to do ANYTHING that would invite more disappointment.... I even started to dread making dinner. My plan was to cook this chicken stir fry dish I have a recipe for. And after what resulted from today, I started to entertain the idea of just getting Chinese food for dinner instead!

But, actually, I did end up up making the dish. And it was YUMMY. I added a little bit of a change to the recipe, but it turned out really good. My husband even cleaned his plate and even Jennifer-the-picky-eater ate it! I was shocked! It was really good and REALLY filling.

So I was pleased with that. I thought, Finally! Something GOOD actually happened today! Maybe that's the One Good Thing from such a bad day.

But, as a matter of fact, it was not the only good thing that happened today. Something TOTALLY AWESOME AND JUST PLAIN GREAT!!!! happened!!!

After I put the baby to bed, I was soooo tired. I wasn't able to go to bed just yet -- my daughter was busy living up to her "Tornado" nickname -- and I was grumbling about how I wanted a mocha frappucino soooo badly. Ugh! Why couldn't there be a 24-hour Starbucks drive-thru?? Or even a Starbucks that delivers.... (Makes a note to stock the fridge with the drinks on next grocery outing.) Another gripe was that we don't have the movie Shrek! And I really wanted to watch Shrek, too, darn it! But no coffee and no Shrek. Sigh.

I got on the Internet to look for a good deal on a Shrek movie. I had looked for it at Fred Meyer the other day but they only had Shrek 2 and Shrek 3. Gah! Anyway, after not finding it and only getting extra sleepy, I was getting ready to log off the 'Net when I decided to check my writing email account. Why not, ya know?

So I logged in at the writing email account and....boy, I'm glad I did!

There was an email there that TOTALLY woke me up REALLY FAST!!!!
My co-author has just informed me that the haunted houses book has been accepted by a publishing company. WOO-HOO!!!! I am SOOO excited! Just THRILLED! I jumped out of my chair, cheering and doing a happy dance. Jennifer wanted to know what was up and when I told her, she started cheering, too! We were both REALLY excited!!

Of course, this means some work for me. I have to hurry up and finish the listing of haunted houses in the UK and type up my notes for the movie chapter. And edit the manuscript.

But this is GREAT NEWS and I'm SO EXCITED!!! YAY!!!

And it made ALL of that bad stuff from today just totally disappear. I guess after getting through some bad stuff, it was time for some good stuff. And what "good stuff" this is! WOOT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!! Dawn I am so excited for you!!!!

Anonymous said...

i have a new blogger obviously, just made it in the last week....lets see how long fickle me will last here, ha ha

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks! It IS very exciting!! :)

Anonymous said...

Dawn I have a bookshelf on my blog now and guess whose books are on it!!!

Dawn Wilson said...

Oh, wow!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :) You rock!