Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Happy Easter!



Easter totally caught us off guard this year. We did a lot of last-minute shopping! We'd been so busy with everything else and all of a sudden, we were like, "Easter is THIS Sunday??" I guess we're not used to having Easter in March.


I don't know WHAT it was about today but I was a bit of an idiot. First, I took pictures of the kids with their baskets in the morning. Neither picture has BOTH of the baskets in them. ARGH!!


Here are the pics:





Then, at church, I kept hitting my head on the front pew EVERY TIME I bent over to pick up my purse. EVERY TIME! It happened like 3 or 4 times. I don't know. I forgot how to count after the second time. It was CRAZY!! Oh, but I can laugh about it now. And nurse a headache.

Jennifer wanted to see the cross in the "grownup" worship room at the church. They draped it with a white cloth. She kept asking questions about the crucifixion of Christ. I really don't know how to talk to her about it. It's hard for her to grasp why Jesus died and why He was crucified. (She doesn't really "get" the concept of crucifixion.) I wanted to run back to the children's ministry and tell her to ask her pastor ALL of her questions but I figured we could both talk it all out in time.

Usually, at the church, they have "He is Risen!" on the walls for Easter but they didn't have it this year.

We had a nice Easter. I wanted to go ALL OUT since it was Jesse's first but my husband didn't want to make it too much of a big deal kind of thing. He complained it was too cold, gray and wet outside, anyway. But it was still a pleasant day. After dinner, I read to the children. I read the books Little Rabbit Waits for the Moon, The Velveteen Rabbit, Guess How Much I Love You, I'm Big Enough and The Bunny of Bluebell Hill. Jennifer asked me which one was my favorite and I said, "The Velveteen Rabbit, of course." Before I read Guess How Much I Love You, she asked, "Guess how much I love you!"

"Oh, I don't know. How much?"

"Guess!"

"Hmmm. All the way up to the moon?"

"All the way up to God!"

Well, I certainly wouldn't ever want to travel any more farther than that!

5 comments:

Jana B said...

Awwww... your kids are absolutely ADORABLE!!!!! I'm surprised their hair is so dark... SO CUTE!!!!! :)

http://msssbible.com/newtestament/crucifixion.htm This site has all kinds of kids lessons about the crucifixion... maybe those will help you explain to your daughter on her level?

OUCH!! You hit your head EVERY time??? LOL Poor Dawn. I hope your head feels better!!

Jeralee said...

Loved the comment from Jennifer - "All the Way up to God." That's pretty cute.

Anonymous said...

Aww those pics are cute, Easter did sneak up i know! Sounds like ti was fun though! :)

Anonymous said...

I go all out for every single holiday....and take a million pictures and a million videos...this year the local easter egg hunt was in the pouring rain. You would think it would be cancelled......um, no!!!! It was on and you should have seen those kids, muddy and rained on but hunting eggs....

Dawn Wilson said...

Jana: Thanks for that link!! Very, very helpful information. :) I had a VERY bad headache later on in the day. But we still had a good laugh over what happened. Their FATHER has the dark hair. And hazel eyes, too. What's interesting is my son has green eyes. So I guess hazel and brown make...green.


Authormom: I think kids would go on that egg hunt even if it snowed! I'm sorry to hear you had a rainy Easter. Sounds like the one we had, too. :/