Monday, March 12, 2007

Making room for Daddy

After an externsive amount of thought and discussion, my husband and I decided he would move in with us instead of us moving back into his apartment. Mind you, I'm not exactly living in a "house" per se. It's a duplex, but my unit is completely separate from the other and so it's cool. We got a carport, storage room, washer/dryer, a fireplace and a fenced backyard! These are the bonuses we considered as far as where we'd live is concerned. Later, we WILL get us a house, but we're not at that part of the plan yet.

Still, I do call my place a "house" because, well, it's not an apartment, and it's LIKE a house. Just, smaller.

Anyway. My HOUSE (ahem) is once again a disaster area while my husband is moving all of his stuff over here. I get all weak-kneed just looking at the mess. Ugh. But, that's okay. We just need some time to get everything organized and sorted out. We have ALMOST two of everything: Two beds, two tables/chairs, two VCRs and two desks. Some things are going into storage and some things are being thrown out. I've gotten rid of my bed, which is FINE with me. It was terribly uncomfortable. (Many people have assumed that uncomfortable bed added to my back misery.) My table and chairs are going into storage. They're old but I can't part with them because of sentimental value. And anyway, it REALLY belongs to another sister of mine. Getting rid of my entertainment center and recliner, too. The desk I have now is going into my daughter's room. She has an old schoolroom desk but she likes this one and I've always told her it will be hers someday. So, she's happy about that. We're also getting rid of my couch. I never really liked it, anyway. Only got it because I NEEDED a couch. But we're gonna have a new one now, which is cool.

It will take us some time to get EVERYTHING organized and the "two homes" melded into one, but we're going to keep at it and keep at it. Eventually, everything will be where it should be and my house will look normal again.

No comments: