Saturday, December 02, 2006

The teased becomes the teaser

Tonight I had soup for dinner. I was once asked "why just soup?" when I told someone what I had. My answer had been, "Because I'm cold." There is NOTHING like a nice bowl of hot soup during the winter season. Yay! :)

It was REALLY cold today. The temp was 37 degrees! I learned a VERY IMPORTANT lesson: NEVER, ever, ever, EVER go for looong walks when it's 37 degrees. LOL I was SOOO COLD!!

I've lived here for over a year and I'm STILL not used to this weather. I always say, "You can take the girl out of California, but you can't take the California out of the girl." LOL Which is probably WHY I keep saying "like" in so many sentences. Haha!

Meanwhile, my family members in sunny California are telling me, "Oh, it's SO NICE here." And, "I think it was in the 70's today." *grumbles*

But...I chat often with my best bud, Mark. He lives in NORTHERN Cali. Now, it DOES get colder there than it does down south, but not as cold as here. And he TEASES me about that!!

But, tonight, I got to tease HIM. Mwua-ha-ha!!

So we were chatting. And I told him how I had two heaters running, because it was so cold. He made it a point to tell me how FORTUNATELY he hasn't had to be in that kind of a situation yet.

I typed back, "Well, Mark, you're moving to Boston! It's even colder THERE!" I also made it a point to note that it snows MORE there than it does here. At least, more than where I'm at.

Watch. After he moves to Boston, I'll be getting messages from him along the lines of, "It's sooo cooold here. *whines*" LOL!! Haha. Neener, neener, neener!! :P

2 comments:

Millie said...

lol aww, well it's good you have those heaters :)

Dawn Wilson said...

Yeah. We've got 5 of them. LOL The one in the living room is Jen's favorite. Sometimes she'll sit in front of it and play, or whatever.