Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017


Today was Mother’s Day and it was a really nice Mother’s Day for me. Mother’s Day actually started at 4 a.m. for me! That’s when I woke up filled with so much love and gratitude for my children. I just love my kids SO much! They really do mean everything to me. I am grateful to have them in my life. I went into their rooms and kissed them both then I sent Trevor a text message saying “I love you.” Then I hung out in the living room to drink some water then I went back to bed.

Jesse made me breakfast this morning: Pop Tarts. I enjoyed them! He also had a really sweet art project that he made for me for Mother’s Day and he gave it to me this morning. It was just so sweet and melted my heart. He also gave me chocolates.


Later, Jesse made a Minecraft project for Mother’s Day. He does this every year. He is really good at Minecraft and I thought it was awesome.



I also received another Mother’s Day gift from Trevor and my husband later in the day: It was a really nice candles. I love candles and collect them so I was happy to add this one to the many I already have. 

Jesse also made me lunch today but hubby gave me some of the rice that he cooked too. I ate that with the PB&J sandwich from Jesse. I also drank tea with that lunch. It was yummy!

I spent some time doing things for myself – reading articles online, spending time on my personal Twitter account, updating my website and finishing a book I have been reading – but I also spent time with the kids. We hung out on the couch watching TV and we also went out to do a bit of shopping. We get a free Redbox movie tonight so we’re going to watch that movie and have popcorn, too.

It’s been a very pleasant day. I really feel so blessed to have my kids and I am glad to share another Mother’s Day with them. They really do mean a lot to me and I hope that when they are older they will look back and recall happy memories from their childhood. My goal is to raise my kids to be good people but I also want to give them the best kind of life that I can. I want them to have a childhood they won’t have to recover from in adulthood and I hope that has been working out for them so far.



No comments: