Sunday, May 08, 2016

Mother's Day 2016







My Mother’s Day got off to a bad start. Yesterday, I’d been dealing with allergies really bad. Sneezing, watery and itchy eyes, stuffy nose. I stupidly did not take any medicine for it, figuring I would tough it out. Well, I ended up paying the price for that kind of thinking when I woke up at 3:30 a.m., sneezing my head off. My eyes were watery and itchy again, too. I finally got out of bed at 4 and took Benadryl. That helped a lot and I was able to go back to sleep. But when I woke up this morning, at 10, my eyes were bad again. They were REALLY bad. They were itchy and watery. I ended up rubbing them so bad that it got to a point where I could barely open my eyes. I was angry and frustrated because I had woken up with ideas for things to write in one of my current books, but I couldn’t write it. I couldn’t even see! So my husband gave me eye drops and I lied down to rest for a while, hoping they would work. Meanwhile, I also prayed for relief. I really didn’t want to spend Mother’s Day being blind! (No offense to the blind moms out there.) Finally, after a while, I was able to open my eyes again and they were cleared up. I was able to see clearly again! Yay!

I was so glad that I would be able to enjoy Mother’s Day after all.

I had these gifts waiting for me on the table. They were from my husband.


Jesse made me a pancake for breakfast and Jennifer cooked me an egg. (I had told the kids that I don’t like eating breakfast in bed. I’d rather eat it at the table. Sometimes I also eat at the kitchen counter.)

Then I got their gifts. Jesse gave me his gifts first. It was a vanilla scented candle and a sweet “box filled with love” that he had made at school. I will always cherish this!!



After I got out of the shower, Jennifer had her gift for me spread out on the bed. Two novels, a picture frame, bird figurine, a candle, chocolates and a homemade card. It was quite a spread! A close-up of her card is pictured at top. Here is a pic of her gifts on my bed.

I was very happy with all of my gifts. Also today, we went to IHOP for lunch (what we do for every Mother’s Day) then we did a bit of shopping, got Blizzards from Dairy Queen, then I came home to watch the movie Elizabethtown, one of my favorite movies. I also enjoyed a piece of carrot cake.

And of course there were lots of love, hugs and joy shared today with my kids.

It’s been a great Mother’s Day and I’m so blessed to have two wonderful, thoughtful, beautiful and amazing kids in my life. I am so grateful for my kids! They mean the world to me. My kids always have and always will come first in my life. I would do anything to make them happy. I love them to the moon and back! I am so grateful for them and grateful to my husband for them. Most of all, I am grateful to be spending Mother’s Day with my children.



No comments: