Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Starting over in life

The first 40 years of my life was a disaster.

A couple of good things happened -- I had my kids and I got to author or coauthor 20 books -- but there was just so much that went wrong.

So much disappointment.

So much failure.

So many things that did not work out the way I had hoped.

So many dreams that did not come true, no matter what I tried.

So many friends who dropped me and family who wrote me off.

So many people who turned their backs on me and didn't even stand by my side when I needed them.

So much heartache, loss and letdowns.

Especially the loss...

Just too much for me to carry around anymore. 


Too much bad stuff.

But I'm over that now. 


I'm done feeling sorry for myself about it.

I have thrown it all away.

I have decided to be done with all that.

At age 41, I am walking away from everything my life has been so far.

And I am going to start over.

No comments: