Tuesday, June 09, 2015

My anti-celebrity tirade


If you were to ask me which one I would pick – the celebrity or the soldier – then I would pick the soldier.

If you were to ask me which one I would pick – the celebrity or Average Citizen – then I would pick Average Citizen.

If you were to ask me which one I would pick – the celebrity or some animal – then I would pick some animal.

Notice a pattern here?

Guess what? I am anti-celebrity. I don’t give a $#!& about celebrities. And I don’t think I will for a long time either.

And no matter what a certain celebrity does with his/her life, I STILL will not care! I will STILL root for the soldiers! I will STILL root for the Average Citizen! I will STILL root for the animals!
 

It’s sad that there are people in this world who don’t understand that, let alone accept it.

I will still NOT CARE about celebrities no matter what people say and no matter what they do. That is especially true if said celebrity is a celebrity athlete.

And guess what? I have every right to feel that way. Last time I checked, this was a free country. I have the right to feel the way I do and be the way I am. So deal with it!

I think it’s awesome Bruce Jenner was courageous enough to transform into Caitlyn Jenner. More power to her. Please excuse me for not being a part of the crowd making a fuss over it. I am totally in support of changing your life completely and turning into a completely different person. Heck, that is what I am trying to do myself, with my own life.

But if I was to make a choice about who I care MORE about, then hands down, I support our troops 110%.

Now, I know when I am wrong, and I am willing to admit to as much. If something I share on Facebook or post on MY timeline is inaccurate, judgmental, discriminating, hateful or part of some government conspiracy to spy on all Facebook users, then I WILL remove it! Give me some credit for having a heart, okay? If I don’t have a clue about something, then for God’s sake, say so! Do not instead accuse me of being discriminating, judgmental, hateful or bitter. Although I do get into a bad mood sometimes and post REALLY angry and offensive crap! LOL That’s what people DO! That's what I have done on Facebook and that's what I will always do on Facebook! (Though I am trying to make an effort to STAY OFF the freaking Internet when I am in one of my homicidal moods, as well as turn off my phone, stay in my house, avoid people, etc.

But I digress.

I just don’t really care about celebrities at all. Seriously. That’s all there is to it. If you tell me about something an actor or actress did, I’d be all like, “Eh.” A celebrity athlete did something? “Don’t care.” A musician has a song that’s getting a bazillion likes on YouTube? I’d be all like, “So what.”

The truth is, I. Don’t. Care. All the celebrities in the world could all jump off a cliff and guess what? I still won’t care! (But first I would suspect some nefarious conspiracy cooked up by the government using alien technology and … oh, I’ve said too much.)

So, yeah. That’s me. That is just me. I care about everybody else and ALL the animals MORE than I do about celebrities. Our soldiers mean more to me than our celebrities do. That doesn’t mean I’m discriminating or judgmental against something going on with a celebrity – ANY celebrity. It just means I don’t care. I won't jump on the bandwagon going all crazy about it. I just don't say anything. That’s all. That’s me.

No comments: