Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oh, no! Snow!

This week, we welcomed the first day of spring. That’s what it says on the calendar: “First Day of Spring.” Yet it would seem that Old Man Winter is not ready to leave us just yet.

I woke up shortly after 4 a.m. because of a bad dream. I decided that, while I was awake, I would let the dog out. Boy, was I in for a surprise when I did that! As soon as I opened the blinds and pulled them back, I was greeted with the sight of my backyard covered with snow! I thought we were done with snow! But, nope. Apparently not!

And they say to be careful what you wish for. The other day, I was thinking we didn’t get much snow this winter. A little, sure. But not a whole lot.

Well, today, we got a whole lot! Quite a bit of snow, in fact!

Because of the snow, I did what I always do on such days: I turned on the local news to find out if the school would be closed. Didn’t get that information until 6:30. Yep, school was closed. Today was a snow day!

I took a lot of pictures of the snow. Later, Jennifer went over to her friend’s house to play in the snow with her. Then she played outside with Jesse. They also managed to build a little snowman and I thought it was really cute.

My dog was NOT happy about the snow (he was born and raised in the desert, after all!) so he tried to avoid going outside as much as possible. Every time I told him it was time to go outside, he looked up at me from his little doggy bed as if saying, “But I’m all nice and warm and comfy here!” Heh.

Here are some of my pictures. I will post more until I have shared all of them. (Gotta get the important ones from today on here first!)




The snow at 4:30 a.m.!




This is one of my favorite pictures. I love pictures of snow-covered trees and I took A LOT of those. Will be posting more soon!












Me with my dog, Chewbacca (who turned 18 two weeks ago)




I actually went outside to see how deep my hand went into the snow. Hm, quite a hole!

No comments: