Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Very sick, little sick, then very sick again

Just when I thought I was getting over this flu, it's gotten worse. I'm so angry and frustrated that I'm really sick, because there's stuff to do and I don't have the strength or the energy. Sometimes, when I'm on my feet, I feel like I am going to drop. And there's things I had to do at times and on days, and I couldn't do them because I either couldn't drive, couldn't go out or my brain was fried and I forgot.

First I was feeling better. Then I'm feeling worse again.

I am seeing the doctor today, but mainly for pain in my ear. My right ear has been having some bad pain in the inner ear. There's also pain on the outside of my ear. Pain and pressure on the inside. But if the doctor is willing to comment on my flu, I'm willing to listen.

I hate being like this. It slows me, and everything else, down. My thoughts are disorganized. It is hard to think straight. I have to interview somene tonight for one of my books and even though I already put together the questions before, and will have them in front of me, I'm worried I'll screw it up. But I know I can call back if I forget something.

It's hard for me to read the adult books I have. I can only read the kid books. I want to read the adult books! The books on science, writing and animals. I want to read those books but it's too hard to concentrate and think right.


So I'm dealing with those frustrations in addition to being sick. I am just grateful that the story I am working on right now is for kids. I read through kids' books really fast. I just plow right through them. I am enjoying Goosebumps series. So I'm reading them and writing one too. A kids' story. Yay.

Hopefully I will be out of the woods soon. I am thinking of changing my medicine. Been taking Tussin but it doesn't help. Might take NyQuil or Comtrex instead. I hear that TheraFlu is good, too. Thankfully, hubby is on vacation this week, so I'm in the clear to take flu medicine and get lots of rest. I sure do miss drinking coffee, though. *cry*

I also miss taking Jennifer to her games. She has missed 3 because of this darn flu. Her dad is taking her today. I hope he will take her tomorrow, too. (Yep, two games two days in a row this week.)

That's all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you are still sick! I hope you are over it soon!

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks, Nancy. I hope so, too. I have an ear infection, in addition to this flu. Yuck! The baby has an ear infection, too. :(