Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Psychic day

Today was just weird. That and "peculiar" is how I describe it.

See, every so often, I get a feeling about something. Or I'll notice something "there" that isn't really "there." This happens sometimes, but today it happened quite a few times.

It's unlike any other day I have had!

First thing that happened was, I got a feeling I had to check my MySpace account. I had a feeling I had a message there from a family member. Sure enough, it was indeed a message from my sister -- but it was to approve a comment she left on my profile. (Thanks, sis!) This happens sometimes. I'll get a feeling my husband sent me an email or that I need to email somebody about something. And it turns out I was correct. (That's an odd thing that happens to people, isn't it?)

The second thing that happened was when my husband and I were on the couch together, eating lunch. I had my back to the wide living room window and the curtains were opened. As I sat there, eating my sandwich, I noticed the shadow of a person out of the corner of my left eye, walking across my front yard. I turned to the right to get a better look at who it was but no one was there. No one. I even turned all the way around to look out the whole window and I didn't see anybody there. I honestly thought it was Darrell, one of the Grynch guys or one of their friends walking over my front yard on their way to his house. But, nope. No one was out there at all. (That's not the first time this kind of thing has happened.)

The next thing that happened was so bizarre. I am still reeling over it! I walked out of the bedroom and was on the way to use the bathroom. I passed the computer desk, where my husband sat, looking at the monitor. I could've sworn he was motioning to me as I passed him but I was in a hurry so I quickened my pace to the bathroom. After I came out, I walked up to where he sat and asked, "What?"

He looked at me, confused. "What, what?"

"Did you want me?" I asked.

"No," he said.

"But I saw you motion to me on my way to the bathroom," I said, confused.

He shook his head. "No, I didn't do that." Before I could step away, though, he indicated the monitor and told me about what was on there.
Ohhh-kay, I thought. This is getting weird.

The final thing (I HOPE!) that happened today was this: I was giving Jennifer her bath and I was trying to hurry because I knew it was time for Jesse to eat. He was awake now and I had distracted him with a pacifier to run back to the bathroom and wash Jennifer up. (Sometimes, it's SO HARD to try and take care of two small kids all by myself. Aye-yi-yi!) Jennifer insisted she could wash herself up all by herself. I didn't want her to be left alone in the tub for too long, so I said, "OK, well, just go ahead and wash yourself up real quick, then. I have to feed Jesse. He's crying." I don't know why I said "he's crying" when I didn't have visual proof of it. It just blurted out of my mouth. I don't say something like that unless I have seen him actually crying. But it was just something that came out on its own.

Turns out I was right after all because Jennifer looked at me, nodding. "Yes, he is crying," she said.

Other things happened, too. I knew Jennifer was going to want to watch a certain movie today. I finished a sentence before she could say it to me. I think it's starting to wind down now, though...Jennifer just asked me where her toy frog was that she'd been playing with earlier and I had no idea where it was. It's kind of a relief that it's winding down now... because today, it was just overkill.

Now I have a theory that might explain WHY today's events happened. I'd awakened at 5:30 this morning to find the other side of my bed empty. When my husband gets home from work late at night, he usually spends some time on the computer before getting into bed. But it's been a looong time since he'd still be up at 5:30 in the morning. He usually climbed into bed at 3:30 or 4. So I started to panic. 'Oh my God,' I thought, getting out of bed. 'Did I accidentally leave the top lock on the door? Did he text me? Is he sleeping in his car??' I walked out of the room, looking around. He wasn't at the desk or in the bathroom. I quickly went to grab my phone off the bookcase, looking around. There he was, on the couch with a book, looking at me and wondering what was going on.

So maybe, just maybe, some part of me tapped into that sixth sense we all have but never use, just to stay on top of things for the day. Maybe to just ensure that if I wake up again and see that he's not there, I won't panic because I'll know just where to find him.

4 comments:

Jana B said...

It's wierd as a Christian to have these psychic moments... but I think it may fall somewhere in the "Gifts of the Spirit" category. I have them sometimes too... when I really pay attention, I have them more often... but CRAP! I've never had a whole DAY of them! You go girl!!!! LOL

Dawn Wilson said...

Jana, I totally agree! As a Christian, I don't believe in that ESP and psychic stuff. But I DO know that things like this can happen to people sometimes. And that we DO have special talents like this, some more developed and in tune with them than others. This WAS the very first time it happened all day for me. I'll die happy if it doesn't happen again. LOL :)

Jeralee said...

Crazy! I think some people are sensitive to spirits and those that have crossed over to the other side. I also think that you are given promptings / warnings from God to act on something. Then there is the mother's intuition.

That sounds like it was an interesting day.

I don't buy all of the psychic stuff out there, but I do have to admit that show like "Paranormal State" and "A Haunting" definitely peak my curiosity. My husband laughs at me when I watch them, but who cares. LOL I enjoy watching them.

Dawn Wilson said...

Well, the main thing is that you enjoy watching them! :) And that you're not all of a sudden obsessing over that stuff, or anything. I don't buy all that psychic stuff and ESP New Age-y stuff either but I know that some people are more attuned to special gifts. I have always been sensitive to things like this. Sometimes I saw it as a curse, because they are "evil" but as long as I keep my faith in God strong and don't let that stuff change my faith or blot God from my life, I think I am able to have a good conscious despite those things happening. I think that is the way to go.